26. Ex-lovers

Heather P.O.V

I check the clock on the studio I'm occupying, then check my phone. No text, no call, nothing. It's been like that for 2 days since our argument two days ago. Nsync should be here in no time. I flip my phone and walk out of the studio to head to the meeting room.

I met Justin at the gym again. He was happy that I had accepted to collaborate with them, but wasn't meet with the same energy from me. So after the workout, he invited me to grab a drink together and talk about what we could with the collaboration. Justin is a very attentive guy so he sensed immediately something was not okay with me.

"Are you okay?" - he asked as he sipped his drink.

"I'm fine!" - I shrugged looking at him with a smile.

"Are you seeing someone?" - he asks and I raise my eyebrows at him. "You keep checking your phone."

I shook my head putting my phone aside and sipped my drink. He waited for me to say something but I didn't

"Someone on the music industry?" - he asked like I was going to tell him.

"No, you don't know him." - I shrugged and pushed my back to the chair.

"Did you break up with me for him?" - He asked. I narrowed my eyes at him.

I knew going out with him was not a good idea. I had forgotten I hadn't explained myself for the break-up. And he had every right to ask me questions.

"Not exactly. I broke up with you before..." - I paused and took another sip of my drink. My mouth suddenly felt dry.

"But was he the reason?"- I nodded at his question. Marshall had been the reason I broke up with Justin. I was too afraid Marshall would go in another interview and spill that we kissed and portray me as a cheater.

"Is it worth it?" - he studied my face as I thought about it. I hadn't asked myself this question. Was it worth breaking up with Justin and mess around with Marshall? I took a gulp of my drink to swallow the feeling of my voice crack. I parted my lips to talk but I didn't. Justin pressed his lips in a tight smile. "Did you have a fight? Did he upset you?"

Did he upset me? He did upset me because I upset him with my paranoid self.

"I upset him!" - I told Justin.

"I doubt that!"

"You doubt it? I used to upset you all the time." - I laughed a little.

"You didn't upset me. I used to get upset because of Eminem, he was messing with you and I'd get upset because I knew you were too busy trying to fix situations he put you in." - he grabbed my hand.

He continued looking at me with his sky eyes "Whatever you did, I know you had a reason. I know you are not one to act some way just to upset someone." Marshall's eyes would be the same color but still, his eye's dullness had another effect on me. If Justin knew who I left him for he wouldn't want to see my face again. I'm sure.

"I don't want to see you like this. I want to see the cheeky girl you always are. Always smiling." - he poked the tip of my nose and I smiled for him. Justin's arms wrapped around my shoulders and brought me on a tight hug. I hugged him back and frowned at myself when I found myself comparing.

We spend the day in the studio after the meeting working on lyrics and music. Justin had suggested we could work around the theme of ex-lovers wanting each other back and to everyone sounded like a great idea. It won't sound a great idea to Marshall though. If he wasn't pissed enough he would flip out if he knew about this.