32. Fool

Before I start this chapter I wanna say thank you to everyone reading and extra thank yous to those who vote and comment. It means a lot to me.

Heather P.O.V

I stay in the shower feeling the cold water hit my aching body for more than 45 minutes. Every muscle in my body hurts, my head hurts.I was terrified when I woke up and saw my hair in box braids. I don't remember getting box braids, I remember having sex after dancing and that's it.

The shooting for the NSYNC music video was today. Shit, the style we had initially thought about it had nothing to do with this hairstyle.

I wrapped a towel around my bust and stepped out of the shower. I put on my moisturizer, eye cream, and SPF and then get out of the bathroom. Marshall is not in the bed. His voice comes from the balcony.

"Christina do you listen or Nah?" - my heart drops immediately and I feel a little dizzy. Christina who? He said she was okay with the breaking up and she didn't make a big deal out of it. It can't be the Christina I'm thinking off. 

"I'm being loud and clear, we are done!" - he is talking to the Christina I was afraid of. Why is he telling her they are done now? They were supposed to be done ages ago. It can't be, it can't happen to me.

"Listen..." - he turns around and when he sees me you can cut the horror on his face with a knife. His face tells me everything I need to know. I walk away, throw the towel on the bed, and start searching for my underwear. Where are they, I need to get out of here. My hands are shaking as I put on a dress after I find a pair of panties. My nose burns and I find it hard to breath.

"Heather baby?" - he comes from the balcony. I throw my stuff in a bag. How was I so stupid? How am I so naive and not doubt anything he did. I don't talk to him I just put my things in the bag thinking of leaving this place as soon as possible. "Heather!"

He reaches for me

"Don't touch me!" - I put my hands up shaking in an attempt to avoid his touch

"Baby listen to me!" - he touches my elbow coming closer, I slap his hands away as if hot iron touched me jerking back and away from him. I hit my hip in the mirrors table. A whine leaves my mouth and my vision gets blurry. He looks down at me reaching again.

"DON'T. TOUCH. ME!" - I shout holding my index finger up to stop him. I look up and hold my breath to not let my eyes produce more tears. This can't affect me this much. It can't be happening. 

"Baby it's not what you think." - he puts his hand on my arm as I keep breathing in and out.

"No? Why are you talking to her then? What are you telling her you are done for?" - I yell at him shoving his hand away from me.

"She called because one of the groupie..." - I interrupt him with a chuckle and push him away.

"Do I look stupid to you Marshall?" - I furrow grabbing my phone and checking my watch. I'm already late for the video shoot.

"No baby, just listen to me." - He pleads as I put the bag on my shoulder and get out of the room.

"What? What is it? You told me she had no problem with the breakup, she took it like a champ. WHY ARE YOU ON THE PHONE YELLING THAT YOU ARE DONE? WHAT'S THE REASON FOR IT? WEREN'T YOU CLEAR ENOUGH TO HER MONTHS AGO?" - I scream at him as I run down the stairs and out the front door when he doesn't respond to me.

I give the taxi driver the address of my apartment and call Ricky to meet me there. I don't know what I'm gonna do with this hair. Shit... I'm so stupid. Did he even break up with her? He probably has been talking to her all this time while I thought I was special because he was around me all the time and taking me out with his friends.