15. Unsophisticated

I didn't think going to that party would cause any problems. I usually would have a feeling if there was going to happen something but I guess I got carried away with all the inspiration on the studio, having a good time with Blair and thought nothing would mess the day.

Nikolay drove us to the party exactly when Devean called Blair and asked where we were. I refused to be there and feel all awkward that's why we drove around for a while.

Devean grabbed Blair's hand and mine and dragged us to his teammates. A bunch of huge men almost fought each other to talk to me. I never thought such people enjoyed my music. Every one of them rushed to tell me how much of a fan they were.

"You listen to my music?" - I had asked stunned putting my hand to my heart. We had a whole other target for the music I made.

"We certainly do." - one of them said.

I was having a really good time. Nikolay and Vlad were near me but distant enough to let me socialize in peace.

I went to grab a drink when I saw Marshall doing the same. I hadn't seen him join the party, hadn't seen Christina either. I felt my stomach clench when he turned and his eyes scanned me. He didn't look surprised to see me and walked towards me as if he had been waiting to talk. I sneaked a look at my security. They both had their eyes on me and Nikolay was making his way between the crowd quietly. As Marshall was taking his steps toward me so was Nikolay and to avoid any kind of trouble I headed to the restroom. Walking quickly but yet trying to make my steps look confident as if that was my original destination.

I didn't look back. I didn't want to see if any of them followed me. I got in the restroom took some paper and passed it to my neck and between my breast to dry the sweat. Was it too hot or was I too uncomfortable? I stayed there for a while pacing. Why did he have to be there? That was my question. Why did he have to be there when I was having a good time and ruin it for me.

I thought about how uncomfortable I would be out there after knowing he was there. I would try to avoid him and get his attention at the same time. God knows the mess it would cause if he would try to talk to me. Nikolay and Vlad would bring him down. When I got out of the restroom Nikolay was at the door standing tall with his hands crossed.

"You good?" - asked he and I nodded.

"I think we should go. I'm tired." - I answered and walked again to the party to inform Blair.

She didn't mind and I headed home with Vlad and Nikolay. I checked my phone if Marshall had texted me but he hadn't. My lips curled when I felt dirty for checking my phone for him.

The next day we left the studio at the same time. I tensed when I saw him. He was with Dre. His eyes a little watery and his hair a little ruffled. Nikolay eyed them both when Dre gave me a hug. Marshall said "Hi" and I don't know why I acted like I did but I ignored him completely. Maybe because I didn't want Nikolay to know we were comfortable enough with each other to exchange greetings, maybe I was afraid he would share more than it was safe to share, but I acted like he was not there at all. A childish and stupid thing to do. A little "Hi" wouldn't kill nobody. His eyelids dropped a little when I ignored him and Dre was the only one talking when we got in the elevator.

Had I not ignored him I wouldn't be watching him on a morning show 2 days later calling me an uptight diva. The reporter had asked him about Christina who he referred to as a sweet fun girl, Britney as a good singer, and when they asked about me the camera zoomed in his face. His pupils huge and ringed by the blue iris, eyes hooded surrounded by freckles. He had been enjoying the LA sun.

He breathed as if he was tired of the questions then moved his hand gesturing annoyance.

"I've had enough of you motherfuckers asking me about her. You boutta ruin my morning. I don't even know the bitch enough to give an opinion about her. She acts like she a good lovely girl or whatever right?" - he slowly blinked I guess trying to hide the fact he was on something. "I wonder for how long she gonna have to keep going with that narrative tho, it's gonna get old soon." - His exaggerating slow moves gave it away that he was high at 8:00 AM. But he was serious.