24. Pig

Marshall P.O.V

When the boys left her head was on my shoulder. She fell asleep near the end of the game. I quietly shifted away from her to see the guys off.

"See you tomorrow!" - I'd say to them one by one as we bumped shoulders.

"Be careful aight?" - Proof said before he jumped on the car.

When I closed the door she was still sleeping on the couch. She had the most beautiful hair I've ever seen. The spirals grow long and big down her back, I found myself lost into them. She looked so peaceful, just like when you see her on TV. Would I have had the chance to witness this if in her debate with Proof he would have told her about Christina or Kim.

I thought about taking her to one of the rooms but if I moved her she would wake up and I just wanted to lay next to her, hug her and hold her into my chest while she breathed quietly. I imagined her move in her sleep and come closer to me. Maybe I should have been honest with her and tell her about me and Kim...

Fuck that! She ain't Christina, she would distance herself immediately and wouldn't stop throwing it to my face just like she does with Proof.

As I was about to lay down next to her my phone rings and I answer immediately without checking the id.

"Hey, Marsh!" - Kim's voice sounds coquettish on the line.

"Hey!" - I looked over my shoulder stepping out on the balcony.

"Were you sleeping?"

"I was about to. How are you?"

"I'm fine. I just put the girls to sleep, and I'll try to rest a little too." - it's been like a week or so that Kim doesn't leave the girls alone to go parting. She calls every night to check-in. I had filed for divorce in February but she refused to sign it. We got back together once I went back to Detroit. It didn't last, the fights started picking up when I came back in LA and I was notified a restraining order was filed against me.

She turns into a beast when I'm not home so when I found out about the order I knew she was trying to get me to Detroit and I lost my mind. If I had her within my radius I don't know what I'd have done to her. What kept me from hopping on a plane and fly to Detroit that day was Paul.He assured me he knew one or two people who would help if I paid them some money and I could see my daughter again. This Kim calling and making sure I knew she was taking care of the girls might be another trick of her. She suspects that I'm with girls all the time in here, but if she knew exactly she would fly in LA and pick a fight.

I know Heather would distance herself from the scandal. She doesn't look like the type that would fight another woman over a man, even more in the kind of situationship we are having. But Christina does. She would definitely handle a fight. Not with Kim though. Christina is too petite in comparison. In our fights, Kim always would get physical. I might have slapped her once or twice but she wouldn't sit and play the victim she would get back at me with punches and kicks.

"When you come home can we go on vacation?" - Kim's voice pulls me out of my thoughts. Even I don't know how our relationship works. One day she gets a restraining order the other she is on the phone telling how much she misses me, next day she would be on the club parting like a teenager, the other she would be on the phone asking if we'd go on vacation.

"We can't. I still have to work. My single should be released in 18 days and I still don't have it."

"Oh. I thought you had some days off." - she is being too understanding. I don't know if it's because she feels better now that she knows I'll be going home if she knows she can't win over me now that I have some money or if she did something I'm not supposed to know. The last idea starts spreading into little branches over my brain and I literally shake my head to get them off. If I keep developing them I'd go insane.