14.Small Talks

The songs I'll use for Heather's catalog will be linked if they are someone else's songs. If I can't find a song that matches the story I'll write it myself just like I did for the one in this chapter. It's the first time I try to write a song/poetry so please don't judge me ;) . Also I noticed I am having new readers from Germany, Belgium and Greece, and this story hit 1K views. I'm so happy about it. Enjoy

.....................................................................................................................................

"Hey where did your boyfriend go?" - Uncle asks as soon as I join them at the pool. Where did my boyfriend go? I don't know where he went but I kicked him out. I kept my calm while our argument went from Eminem to what a relationship consists of. We both tried to not say things we would regret. He tried to make me see his point of view and I kindly told him his point of view was not what I was looking for in a relationship. I then had asked him to leave. He made sure it wasn't a breakup and he left.

I had closed the door of my room cried and punched the pillows asked the figure of my mother in the picture why was I being so confused then pulled it together. I had freshened my face put on a black bikini, made a french braid out of my black curls, threw a robe over and a hat and turned back to enjoy the rest of the day. Am I a psychopath? Maybe I am, maybe I am just confused with whatever I am going through.

"He left. We argued." - I look at my dad to catch his reaction and its priceless.

"Why?" - my father asks.

"Because I don't feel like being told what to do by a boyfriend."

Suge laughs and I can tell by the way he hugs me and shoves me he is loving it.

"Ain't no one telling my niece what to do..." - he gives me a glass of champagne. Right, expect from all of you. I give him the cheekiest smile and take a sip of the bubbly drink while my father has his mouth pressed tight shaking his head in disapproval.

"Did you break up with him?" - My father asks while his girlfriend keeps playing with his gray hair.

"I never liked him anyway, he is white for God's sake." - Suge talks while I just walk away from them. I lie in one of the sunbeds opposite of where they are. I leave the glass of champagne in the table beside the sunbed together with the robe and spray some oil over my legs.

My father's girlfriend comes close to me and asks if she can lie in the other sunbed beside mine. I nod while I spread the oil over my legs and tummy to keep my skin hydrated. I'm not in the mood to be a bitch at her. She is kind enough to ask if I'm feeling okay. I say I am. She gives me one of those sympathetic looks you try to exactly avoid in this type of situation. I hold my tongue when I feel the urge to tell her off.

She starts telling me how my dad has been bragging about me to her. How she feels like she knows me already, how she doesn't want me to think she is taking my dad's attention from me, how she really loves my father for the man he is. She even tells me she worries about him that he has to take care of everything. I narrow my eyes at her. Did my father tell her about what happened in the office?

I tell her she has nothing to worry about, that he has been doing this all his life. He has been in charge of everything, starting from his job ending at my job.

I'm interrupted by my phone. The little envelope showing on the screen. I'm happy to open the text because I don't want to talk to her anymore, even if it's Marshall texting.

"What are you doing?"

"I am sunbathing and listening to my dad's girlfriend whine about how worried she is that my father has to take care of everything. " - I text right away like he is an old friend.