27. Downgrading

Heather P.O.V

I meet with Nsync in the parking lot. As we walk to the elevators Justin has his arm over my shoulders and as per my bad luck, Marshall is waiting for the elevator. I'd brush Justin off if a blond woman wasn't by his side. As soon as he sees me he throws his arm over her shoulders.She doesn't look like any of the girls from the club, which might mean he probably didn't take one home last night. 

"Hey" - some of the boys greet him. Justin doesn't, I don't either. Marshall dips his chin a little to recognize them. Cocky.

"Downgrading!" - I mutter kissing my teeth and sideways check the girl from head to toe.

"Hey, I'm Dina, I've heard so much about you, I'm a big fan!" - the woman who's name apparently was Dina presents herself holding her hand up for me to grab it. I look at it for a moment. Marshall looks embarrassed by her behavior. I put a huge smile on my lips showing my teeth. 

"Hey, too bad I can't say the same about you!" - I say smiling as big as I could. She laughs and looks at Marshall as we all get in the elevator. Nikolay and Naz both rush to press the button. 

" I'm on Shady's song Cum on everybody." - says she proud, gesturing him with her fake nails. Is she trying to look impressive? I would be embarrassed if I'd be associated with that song. But trashy blonde here looks like she is proud of it. 

"Classy song, I mean track!" - I nod, Bax and Joey snort.

"Heather listens to it every time before bed." - Marshall adds.

"You right, she hits some stunning notes at that "get down tonight" part." 

"If the right person gets down at you, you might hit the perfect notes too." - The jerk says looking at Justin's arm and then down on my legs.

"Too bad I can't trust no one but myself to hit them." - I answer him moving my hand around to make sure he understands what I'm implying. I gain a snort from him. 

The elevator doors open and I drop Justin's arm from my shoulder to head out making my heels click on the floor. I hear him say something about boyfriends but I'm too far away to listen exactly and to have a proper response. 

Nikolay and Justin spent all day eyeing me. Justin even asks what was that about but I just shrug and tell him "the usual."

...

I jerked when something vibrated on my chest. My heart beating fast and I almost fainted at the sudden movement. 

"Hello!" - I answer the phone call with my eyes still shut. I stayed up till late talking to Blair and had fallen asleep with the phone on my chest waiting for Marshall to rant over the day. He didn't, which frustrated me more than the back and forth we had previously.  I can't even fight him in public. This kind of relationship sucks.

"Yo Aitch morning!" - I don't recognize the voice immediately. I check the ID but it only shows the number.

"Morning!" - I mutter expecting the person on the other line to speak again so I can distinguish them.

"Are you free to grab breakfast together?" - it's Rufus. Why would he call me to grab breakfast?

"I... yeah, sure. You can come to my building there is a nice spot nearby."

"Cool, I'm on my way!"

"Hmm... Are you okay?" - I ask before he hangs up.

"Yeah. See you in a bit."

I get up to take a quick shower. I try to find a good reason for Rufus to call me for breakfast but my brain can't find any. The only thing that keeps running through my head is that Marshall asked him to invite me and discover anything about me and Justin since the magazines and gossip shows had started their habit.