Chapter Thirty-six

Start from the beginning

"Am I due a weigh in today?" Luke muttered quietly, wanting to get it done with so he could quickly go to the toilet.

Alex mentally cursed at the blonde mentioning it. "Yeah, do you want to head down now?" he asked anxiously.

His eyes flickered to Victoria who mouthed a good luck. She knew what women were like. Especially mothers. He was going to need it.

-

"You know the procedure," Ian began as all four entered the room.

"I'm Ian," he introduced shaking Luke's mum and brothers hand.

"Liz."

"Jack."

"You have one special son right there," he told the women.

Liz smiled at the all the positive things she was hearing about her son. She knew there were probably negative ones as well. But, she didn't really want to hear them right now. "I know," she agreed, smiling at her boy.

"Hey, what about me? I'm pretty amazing," Jack joked raising his eyebrows.

"You are just a nuisance," she laughed whacking the middle son in the chest.

"Cheers mum."

"No problem son," she replied.

Alex smiled at the chemistry between the family and was happy the blonde boy was part of it.

Ian spun back around and noticed Luke had removed everything but his boxers and top.

His shirt was something he was supposed to take off.

"Shirt off, you know the rules," Ian told him.

"Can't I just keep it on?" Luke begged to look down innocently.

"Luke," Alex and Liz warned simultaneously. Both looked at each other and cracked a smile.

Huffing in annoyance, the boy pulled his top off and dumped it on the ground. He felt insecure because of his round stomach which was protruding out rather far.

Both men frowned at why the patient looked so bloated. They knew he shouldn't have any swelling in the stomach because of the stage he was currently at. He was eating well and enough to avoid swelling.

"Ready?" the man asks and Luke nods stepping on the scale. It wasn't long till the number stopped. "One hundred and thirty," Ian informed everyone and Luke sighed in disappointment. He didn't want to face his mother.

"So he has lost weight?" Liz asked a hint of disappointment and concern in her voice.

Ian frowned. "No, he's gain weight. Ten pounds to be exact," the man admitted confused.

"What?" Liz asked shocked before looking at Alex. He told her that her son has passed 137 pounds.

"I'm just as confused as you are, the man admitted. "How have you managed to gain ten pounds in a week?" he queries suspiciously.

Luke shrugged. "I guess I have just been eating properly," he lied whilst moving about slightly.

"Luke," Alex spoke up, hoping to make Liz a little more impressed. "Are you bloated?" Luke shook his head. "So, you're telling me you woke up this morning like this and didn't feel the need to tell me that your stomach had increased a lot in size? Were you not scared or worried?" the man asked.