most fans' dream (minus the drama) [Ray]

Start from the beginning

Ray took them and squeezed them shortly. "Sure. I'll come back after the show, okay?"

And then he was back on the stage, saying something to the band and they played on.

From here, I had a better view on them and let the music calm me down and overshadow the events.

At least they interfered fast enough so the creep didn't hurt me. And they proved how much they really loved their fans. I mean they stopped a fucking concert to make sure that I was alright. Not a thing every artist could say about themselves.

After the show, Ray walked straight up to me, dripping in sweat and helped me get up gently. The others went straight to their dressing room, I assumed, and left me alone with him.

"Could you enjoy the rest of the show?" The guitarist asked and wiped away a few beads of sweat from his forehead.

I smiled at him. "Yes, it was awesome."

"I'm glad. Security got the guy by the way and they're going to take them to the police for molestation. You wanna come backstage and sit down? You look still a bit shook." Ray eyed me down concerned.

For a second I thought about that. Honestly, I wanted to lay down and forget this day. Well, not entirely because the concert was awesome but you know.

But that was a once in a lifetime moment so I agreed. He took my arm gently to guide me in the right direction.

Ray started some small talk to distract me, even making me laugh a couple of times on the short way. We reached the dressing rooms with a few sofas on which the band sat and stared at me as we entered.

"Feeling better sugar?" Gerard asked and smiled at me.

Again, I nodded at this question. "Yes, thanks for stopping him."

Frank stared at me disbelievingly. "As if any of us would let that happen to our fans."

"Especially not on a concert. This should be a safe space," Mikey added.

I felt myself blushing at their protectiveness of their fans and how worked up they got by this. They were wonderful people.

Gerard coughed, directing my attention back to him. "Thank God, Ray saw it and made me stop the show. He was so fucking close to jumping down there and punch the asshole."

I turned to the man that still had his hand placed on my arm. Ray seemed to blush and hide behind his hair. His hand fell down like he burned himself.

"I wouldn't have punched him."

Frank giggled. "Sure you would. You were already half way down there when you pulled her on the stage. And you kept looking at her to make sure she was alright."

Ray shook his head. "Anyway. Anyone want to drink something?"

He walked over to the little fridge and passed out bottles of water while his band mates made me sit down with them.

They pestered me with questions like how I found out about them and how long I liked them and how I liked the concert and who was my favourite and and and...

Gerard and Frank were asking most of the questions so fast that I almost wasn't fast enough with my answers. Ray had taken the seat next to me and had his arm on the sofa behind me.

"Oh come on guys, her favourite now is definitely Ray. He's her hero here," Mikey said matter-of-factly.

I blushed at this. I mean yeah, but not since now, he had always been my favourite.

But he laughed only. "Nah, I don't think that. The girls are more on Frank's or Gee's side."

Huh? Self-esteem issues? Ray Toro, the best guitarist and biggest sweetheart on the planet?

"But you are my favourite and have always been!" I blurted out and immediately slapped my hands on my mouth. Good way to make yourself sound creepy.

Luckily, they ignored the slightly weird tendencies my comment had and Ray stared at me like he couldn't believe what he just heard.

"What?"

"Don't look at me like that! I'm not all for that 'I'm going to eat you alive and you'll like it' vibe that they have going on, sorry guys."

The other three laughed at that while Ray kept looking at me like I just told him that Santa Claus was real.

This started to make me feel uneasy. "Could you please stop this glare? It's kind of scaring me."

"Oh sorry, yeah," Ray apologized, "that's only like the first time someone said that with so much force."

Now it was my turn to let my jaw fall on the floor. I was seriously arguing with him about his celebrity status in his own fandom!

"That's fucking sad. You're as much part of this as the rest and you deserve as much attention as Gerard or Frank. You too, Mikey don't you dare say that I'm excluding you," I directed the last part as the bassist who looked like he wanted to intervene.

And with that, the discussion was finished and we moved back to funnier topics. I spent most of the time laughing at a silly comment from one of them or their general antics.

One by one, they got to shower and change into more comfortable clothes but we stayed on the sofa in the dressing room until I looked at the clock and jumped up startled.

"Shit, I have to get home!" I exclaimed. It was half past two and there weren't any buses driving anymore. Now, I had to walk. In the dark. Oh fuck.

Ray got up, too. "You're not walking home by yourself."

I tried to protest but he just followed me so I let him come with me. And we talked for the whole walk, his presence and the arm he had around my shoulder effectively distracting me from my fears.

The evening went from awesome to bad and scaring back to awesome and more. As I was putting my jacket away, grinning about Ray's joke or whatever, I felt something in my pocket.

That smooth dork. There was a little paper with a few numbers scribbled down and a call me please?