Ghost of You |David Dobrik|

Your POV

your eyes were stuck on the clock as you watched it, waiting for it to strike midnight. your night felt odd, you felt off. everything wasn't making sense to you anymore, it was driving you mad. you hadn't been alone for so long, the silence was unsettling. the sound of wind softly blowing outside and the creaks of the wood flooring in your home was all that you could hear. the thumping of your heart becoming louder as you came to terms with your biggest fear,being alone.

the whole day was off, when you saw him, it wasn't the same. your mind couldn't comprehend what had happened and you still struggled to grasp his words. his words that left you gasping for air and pleading for him to stay. as if he would actually stay, he was done. you couldn't blame him, what man would want to stay with a woman so broken. you weren't completely broken, maybe a bit damaged but not completely broken. although after what he'd pulled, you were definitely broken now. your heart ached again as his words replayed loudly in your mind.

my feelings for you have changed, there's someone else.

you couldn't help but wonder what was so good about her, what did she have that you didn't. as your mind raced with many different thoughts you looked to your phone. a few missed calls and texts from nearly fifteen minutes ago, you hadn't even heard your phone once. slowly reaching for your phone as you saw the name displayed on the screen. how dare he think he could message you after breaking your heart.

"idiot" you cursed "fucking idiot"

you got up from your bed and opened your phone to look at the messages. he was apologizing for how things played out, apologizing for leading you on. you scoffed at his poor attempt to apologize and decided to send him a nice message to fuck off. he read it immediately, a part of him hoping you would've forgave him instead of this. that was the final time you touched your phone if it meant you had to speak to him.

a month had passed now and you were better, happy even. you felt as if your life couldn't fall more perfectly into place. you hadn't once thought about the man who broke you into two, instead you were focused on yourself and your current projects. after his departure, you let yourself be sad and then got over it. you had a new found vision and started working on things you really enjoyed, your name was now the most well known.

you had been walking around the busy streets of LA when you decided to stop to get a drink. you decided on a tea and went to get it. when you were walking out of the shop, you accidentally bumped into someone.

"sorry I wasn't paying attention" you apologized looking away from your phone

"Y/N?" he softly said

"david" you said in shock

"you look really good" he said "how are you?"

"good, you?" you asked taking a sip of your cold drink

"I miss you" he admitted "the ghost of you haunts me everyday, I shouldn't have left"

you shook your head at his words. they were just words, but they still impacted you greatly. a very small part of you was glad he said it but the more logical part of you was angry. you scoffed at him and decided it was best to leave.

"goodbye david"

david stood there still watching as you left him the same way he left you. he knew you wouldn't take him back, you were stronger than anyone he knew. he also knew he hurt you and there was no way you'd go back to him. so david stayed there, an empty ache in his chest as you soon vanished from his line of sight.

___________________________________
I don't know what I wrote but I did It