Pretend |Alex Ernst|

Part 3 in the I'm sorry series

Your POV

"Y/N please talk to me. It's been two days and I can't get you out of my head. Did you really mean it..do you really love me? For fucks sake Y/N, I need to talk to you. I can't keep going on like this, you're messing with my head. Please call me back Y/N....I love you too. Please call me back"

You looked up at David with wide eyes as you heard the message. Tears began to fall even faster than before as you leaned into him. It was lie it had to be. Why did Alex all of a sudden decide to say anything more? He clearly didn't care how you felt back at David's, he probably just wanted to clear his guilty conscious.

"Why did he do that?" You cried "Why does he keep playing games with my heart?"

"I don't know Y/N. I'm really sorry" David frowned holding you tighter  as you sobbed uncontrollably.

The pain in your chest doubled, the sobs constricting you from breathing as your nose turned pink and your eyes were red. Tears falling down your warm cheeks, everything hurt. David sat there holding you and rubbing your back not very sure of what to do. You and Alex were both his friends but what Alex had done was wrong, he was only making you doubt everything more.

"Thank you David" You croaked wiping your face on the sleeves of the soft cotton sweatshirt you wore. "Thank you so much"

"I'm here for you always" David mumbled staring into your eyes.

Your eyes were red,glossy and a bit swollen from crying for hours and your nose was pink. David admired the way you looked despite crying your eyes out, he thought you were very beautiful. He didn't understand why Alex wouldn't date you in the first place, you were after all a great girl. But he also liked Emily who was also very kind and caring, but she didn't know Alex the way you did. David sighed and brushed back your hair as he placed a soft kiss on your forehead. You sat there with your eyes closed and leaned into his chest as your heart began to slow and a feeling of peace washed over you.

"Y/N are you in there?" A hoarse voice asked from outside your apartment door. "please open up"

You slowly lifted your head off David's chest and looked up at him. His eyes turned to your door, you knew who it was but you didn't want to get up and deal with him, not now. You leaned back into David and wrapped your arms around him as you pretended that Alex was not standing outside the door begging for you to open up and talk to him. You pretended that you weren't just crying for hours and that your heart wasn't aching. You pretended that you were not in love with Alex. You pretended you didn't need him.

David grabbed his phone from his pocket as you began to fall asleep against his chest. His hand rubbing your back softly and the other hand texting away.

David:
Alex, please go home. Y/N doesn't want to see you right now, let alone speak to you.

Alex:
Why are you with her David? I thought we were friends

David: We are, but she's also my friend. And I hate to see her sad, so for her sake you need to leave her alone until she's ready to speak with you.

Alex:
Fine, I'll go. David just remember that she will always pick me over you. Don't pretend like you care about her being sad because we both know you don't.

David:
I'm not like you Alex. I love her and I'm not gonna let her be in so much pain over you any longer.

David put down his phone and looked down at you.He pretended that this was just a normal movie night and that you hadn't actually passed out from the exhaustion of crying all day. His eyes shut and he sighed as he tried to sleep as well.

____________________________________
Hello! It's been a while, how are you all doing? I hope you're all good. I apologize for lack of  updates, life has been very hectic lately but I'm trying to make more imagines as we speak.