If only |David Dobrik|

third person

David watched as his lover ran through the sand smiling with joy as her small feet hit the cold ocean water. His smile grew as he watched her dive into the waves and emerge with her eyes closed and a grin on her face. She was breathtaking and to him there was no other in the world who could compare.

But he was saddened as he thought of this sweet spirit that was kicking the water a few feet in front of him. For she was not his, she probably never would be. You see, David Dobrik, he was a shy boy and refused to allow himself to speak of how he felt. So he did what any other human would do when overwhelmed with such strong emotions, he closed himself off. It was that day that he decided his love for her was too great for him to handle. He had to distance himself from sweet little Y/N so he could breathe properly around her.

Days and then weeks passed since Y/N and David had spoke. She was left without answers, her heart ached everyday they were apart. She was so confused as to why David had cut her out of his life, she wondered if maybe she had done something wrong. She hadn't seen most of her friends since that day she spent with David, she refused to see them for they only reminded her of him. Somehow she was convinced to leave the comfort of her home and meet up with a few people at a nearby cafe.

So there she sat with her friends whom she hadn't seen in a while. Her legs crossed as she lazily stirred her spoon in the creamy coffee she had ordered. Her focus elsewhere as she trained her eyes on the trees and the leaves that blew gently in the breeze.

"Y/N?" Kristen said "Did you hear us?"

"Sorry, what were you saying?" She said straightening up in her seat

"We were asking if you've spoke to David recently?" Carly asked slowly

"David.." She hummed her eyes now looking at the table "No I haven't"

"What...what happened?" Erin asked hesitantly

"Pardon?" Y/N asked

"What happened between you and David?" Mariah asked

"I'm not too sure. We spent the evening with each other at the beach and then after that" She shakily spoke "After that I never heard from him again"

"Idiot" Heath mumbled under his breath as he watched the broken girl explain her side of the story.

He watched as the little bit of life left in her eyes drained as she spoke about the whole thing. It was as if she had just come to terms with the fact that there was no way she could ever have him back. He rapridly moves his fingers across his keyboard as he messaged the group chat with the boys.

"Heath...maybe it's best if you don't send that" Mariah quietly told him

His thumb hovered over the send button as his eyes watched Y/N. A light blush coated her cheeks as some random boy who looked about her age shamelessly flirted with her. Heath nodded and deleted the message, he instead went to message David privately.

Heath:
If only you had listened to me that night.

David:
What do u mean heath?

Heath:
If only you had listened to me then she wouldn't be hurting so much. If only you had done what I told you then she would be yours and not slowly forgetting you.

David:
No please don't tell me...

Heath:
It's too late David.

You messed up.

Heath waved to Y/N as she followed the boy with a shy smile as they laughed together and walked together extremely close. While her friends watched her with hope and joy that she would be herself again, David sat at home in tears. He knew he messed up.

"If only I had let you in" He whimpered as he looked at the last photo both he and Y/N had taken together.

___________________________________
Can you tell I'm being emo??? Boys suck and my heart hurts and I just wanna hide in a whole forever okay bye