52

"Shigaraki wants you back"

Izuku glared at the guy, "Who are you? I don't recognize you or your quirk" he growled, readying flames of his own.

"Less talking little nomu" the guy teased, "let's see what makes you so special."

A large wall of blue flames erupted from the villain's palm and headed straight to Izuku. Izuku silently cursed as he dove out of the way of the flames, the villain's fire easily outmatched his.

"I'd like to humor you sir, but I have a kid to get to" Izuku glared at the guy, "so sorry if this fight seems a little unfair."

With only that as a warning, Izuku's freckles lit up bright pink, and the flame villain was slammed through two trees.

"Izuku!"

"Shit" Izuku cursed under his breath as he turned to face his teacher. Aizawa glared at him with his quirk activated and scarf in his hands.

"You know who's attacking, don't you?" Aizawa asked not event trying to hide his anger. "If the league takes you back there won't be a second chance. What if they're here to kill you?!"

Izuku let out a dry laugh at the thought, "if Shigaraki wanted to kill me, he would've warned me to a nearby river and told me to drown myself so he could watch me struggle against myself" he returned his teachers glare as tears stung his eyes, "no, I'm not only one he's here for."

"But you're their main target, I hear the villain," Aizawa snapped before closing his eyes in frustration.

Taking the opportunity, Izuku stopped the time and turned around to run into the forest. He ran until he was out of his teacher's line of sight before returning time.

Izuku watched from afar as his teacher looked around the clearing before loudly cursing and running in the opposite direction from him. Izuku wiped off the blood from his nose and reluctantly continued his search for the kid.

I'll apologize to Aizawa when everything is over. As far as I know, Shigaraki isn't here so defeating whatever team he gathered now should be easy.

___

"How op! The kid handed your ass to you, with one move!" Twice exclaimed dramatically waving his hands to show his point.

"How weak, to be out by a kid," Dabi hummed as he placed his burning hand on a different tree trunk.

"He threw you through trees, no kid should be that powerful. It's important to keep high self-esteem, especially on a mission" Twice assured him.

Dabi rolled his eyes and focused back on the tree, "whatever Twice, just make more of me and keep the actual heroes distracted so we can do our job."

"Another small fry coming up! Leave it to me!" Twice gave him a double thumbs up.

"Heard the kid has the same problem as you do, you think you two would get along well?" Dabi teased, bored of setting trees on fire.

"He looks Like a snooze," Twice quickly objected as he used his quirk to make a second Dabi, "no thanks!"

___

Kota could barely move as he slowly looked up to the towering being walking towards him. He didn't need to ask to know that this man was a villain, the way he held himself and was flexing hands told him everything he needed to know.

He can barely hear Mandalay's voice over the sound of his blood rushing past his ears. Is this how I die? Killed by a villain where no one can find me?

"I came here scouting for a nice vantage point, and here I find someone who's not on the list" the villain in front of him drawled as he stepped closer.