34

Low beeping was the first thing Izuku noticed as he slowly regained consciousness.

What is that, a heart monitor?

Then the painfully familiar smell of disinfectants and alcohol hit him. Izuku held his breath as he remembered the labs back at the league.

Did the LOV catch me? Where is Mr. Aizawa and Shinso?

Izuku opened his eyes but was quickly reminded that his contacts were left in some alleyway. He was frustrated and confused now with no way of knowing where he is or his surroundings.

Breathe Izuku. He closed his eyes and released the breath he was holding. Just like Rei taught you, act asleep and wait for an opportunity.

There was the soft click of a door opening and heels walking into the room. Izuku slowed his breathing, waiting.

"weird" a female spoke, "he should've been awake by now."

Another pair of footsteps followed, "he just got off the anesthetics give him some time" a man answered.

The female hummed and tapped a pen onto what sounded like a clipboard. "The charts show that he heals himself faster than a normal person, so I assumed his quirk would also work through the anesthetic faster," she told the man.

There was movement and the thing attached to his finger moved slightly meaning that she was messing with the equipment attached to him. There was the opening.

"Maybe I overestimated the quirk," she sighed "it did heal a knife wound th- gah!"

Izuku reached forward grabbing the woman's arm and pulling her down placing another hand over her mouth. He only has a few minutes before guards came, no doubt the other scientist already triggered the alarm.

"let me go" Izuku hissed tightening his grip on the woman.

The guy stayed quiet which angered Izuku and he moved his hands into a chokehold "I don't know how you found me, but tell the master to let me out or another one of his scientists die."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about, sir we're nurses" the guy gasped.

Izuku narrowed his eyes "doctors in the lab? Why? What are you trying to do with me?" he needed answers. Were they trying to take his quirks? Add a new one? Doctors are rare in the lab other than the one who works almost directly with All for One.

"Midoriya?!"

Izuku snapped his head towards the voice "Shinso! Get out of here! Run! I don't know how but the LOV found us, they'll kill you!"

"LØV?" Shinsou questioned "the league? You ever heard of a hospital?"

Izuku dropped the now limp scientist and frowned "hospital? Wha-"

Izuku stiffened as he was taken under Shinsou's mind control. Luckily Midoriya didn't interfere and Shinso slowly stepped closer. "they're here to help you, now sit down"

Izuku slowly sat down on the hospital bed keeping a blank stare at the doctor who looked at shinso.

"t-thank you," he hurriedly grabbed a syringe from the cabinet filling it with liquid.

The doctor inserted the syringe into Midoriya's left arm snapping him out of the control "y-you lied! Were you working with the League this whole time?!" Midoriya gasped standing up and knocking the doctor backward.

"w- what did they put in me?!" Midoriya stumbled back, his body feeling heavy "what are they trying to do?"

"Midoriya, calm down" Shinso stressed walking over to him. "it's just something to calm you down, trust me"