8

It's been a while since Izuku had felt this stressed. The police have come in every now and then, asking random questions about him before walking outside to talk to each other.

Izuku bit his lip and scratched at his cuffed wrist. Three days. It's been three days since he's seen Shigaraki and Kurogiri and absolute dread has fallen over him.

"Midoriya, are you paying attention?"

Deku jumped and focused back to who he assumed was two people in front of him.

"we'll have a meeting tomorrow with a few other heroes to figure out what to do with you" one of the men had said.

"is there a way you can do it today?" he asked.

There was a silence that made him nervous before someone sighed.

"We can, but many of the heroes wouldn't like that" one of them warned.

Izuku quickly nodded "I don't care, whatever will get me out of here faster"

The policemen gathered their things and left probably to call everyone in for the meeting.

"Deku"

Izuku turned around and smiled at the familiar voice "Kacchan"

Bakugo sat down in front of the bed "Recovery Girl said I can hang out for a little while after school" he told Deku as he reached into his bag and pulled out homework from his class.

"Finally, some good news. It gets lonely in here when everyone's gone" Midoriya sighed leaning back into the bed.

"what's worse is I can barely move. Sure I may have attacked people and possibly killed some, but shouldn't I be able to walk around a little?" he groaned pulling at the cuffs. "there's no proof of me hurting anyone except Eraser Head, you, and the two other students. That gives me what? A year or two of jail" Izuku complained.

Bakugo half-smiled at the greenet as he did his work. "just wait a little longer, they can't keep you in this room forever, you'll be able to stretch your legs soon enough" he assured the boy.

There was a small silence which worried Bakugo. The male glanced up from his work and saw Deku blankly looking down at the bed, tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Bakugo asked slowly standing up.

Midoriya looked up at Katsuki with teary eyes "will I be able to wait that long?" he asked quietly clenching into the hospital blankets.

"what do you mean? Of course, you can wait that long"

Izuku shook his head "I don't know how long I can go. What happens after day four?" Izuku mumbled to himself. He couldn't use his quirk which left him struggling to find a reasonable answer.

"Deku? What does that mean? Day four of what?" Bakugo asked lightly touching Midoriya's shoulder.

"I'm not human" he choked out "I was made into a nomu, I'm just another disposable item" he gasped. Midoriya started pulling at the cuffs worrying Bakugo even more.

"Deku, you're fine. You're still a human"

Midoriya shook his head "I'm not going to make it, I can't go that long" he muttered tugging harder.

Panicked slowly started settling in. Izuku grabbed the chain with his other hand and placed a foot on the bed railing and started pulling.

"I-I can't be here. I have to go back" he cried. Bakugo backed up and looked around frantically. Recovery girl wasn't here, maybe one of the policemen can help.