13

Bang

Aizawa jumped awake at the sound of something falling followed by loud cursing. There were multiple muffled voices speaking inside his house causing him to grab his scarf. Quietly, Eraser head opened his door and walked down the hall.

The closer he got to the living room, the louder the noises became. There was the sound of laughter followed by the sound of sizzling. Then the smell of food reached him. Confused, Eraser Head walked out into the halls.

His TV was on, playing some kind of cooking show. Aizawa turned around and saw Midoriya in the kitchen holding a pan over a floating flame clearly too invested in what he was making to notice the man.

Aizawa walked over to the counter separating the kitchen and living room. A cutting board filled with partially cut onions and chopped mitsuba laid next to Midoriya, a floating knife moved to cut the rest of the onions as if controlled by some invisible hand. On the other side, the oven light was on showing off two slices of meat slowly cooking inside.

Once done observing, Aizawa made his presence known by clearing his throat. Midoriya quickly looked up and let out a startled shout. The flame under his pan quickly went out causing him to lose hold of it and almost dropping what was inside. The knife fell down onto the board with a loud thud, and a plate that was getting pulled out from the cabinets fell onto the floor causing the two to jump.

"E-e-Eraser Head!" Midoriya gasped with wide eyes setting the pan down to hold his hands out in front of his face. "d-d-d-did I wake you? I-I didn't mean t- ugh" Midoriya stumbled backward holding onto his head in pain.

"Midoriya! What's wrong?" Aizawa quickly asked worried about the boy's health.

Izuku waved his hand at the hero and looked up "I'm fine, I guess I overused my quirks doing all that" he shrugged. He looked at the hero trying not to show how uneasy he was. Heroes were known to be kind, but he couldn't count on rumors and he did wake up the pro.

Aizawa looked at the now mess and sighed seeming to fall back into his usual personality. "what were you even trying to do? Are you aware that it's three in the morning?

Izuku looked up surprised "I thought it was still two" he shrugged.

Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose and groaned
at the answer.

"I couldn't sleep, so I turned on the TV and it was on a cooking show, so I decided to try to make what they were doing. Luckily you conveniently had everything I needed" he smiled.

"have you tried closing your eyes for a few minutes?" Aizawa asked

Izuku laughed. "No, I literally can't sleep" he repeated "when I was tested on, they messed with my brain and body until I was able to last at least five days without sleeping even if I wanted to. And I slept four days ago during the USJ attack which means I can't sleep for another day or so" Izuku explained slowly picking up the plate and putting it in the sink.

"what if I made you sleep?"

"I'd only be closing my eyes until you told me to wake up" Izuku responded as he grabbed another plate and made it float from his hands and onto the counter.

"Can you move now? I'm missing the show" Izuku asked tilting his head trying to see past the man.

Aizawa narrowed his eyes and stayed where he was "there's a nicer way to ask" he shrugged.

Izuku looked at him "move before i-" Izuku paused mid-sentence. Aizawa raised a brow as he stared at green unfocused eyes. The boy stood still which was unexpected and worrying.