Part 59 - The Heartbreak

Start from the beginning

"I will be honest with you. The day Jungkook and you argued, he came crying to me about losing you. You know how vulnerable he becomes when it comes to you. He broke down on that day and I could do nothing to console him. I don't have any valid reason for him to stop crying Hana.", he mouthed and my heart clenched to know that. I am so sorry, Jungkook. I am just so sorry.

"I am sure he is not well, Hana and I don't know if he is eating his meals properly. Eomoni was also worried about him but he just stays silent and doesn't speak anything. He is completely distressed Hana and you very well know the reason", he uttered and I let out my tears.

"I will see him for once", I declared and he nodded.

"I will not be stopping you, Hana. Just don't do anything which would make him further weak", he mouthed and I nodded, getting up.

"Do you remember the time we dated?", he started as I reached the door. I looked at him and he let out a smile.

"You said you don't need anyone to live, Hana. You said no one can break the walls you built for yourself. And see now, you know you can't breathe without the man you love. See your state when you know you are going to lose him. You depend on Jungkook, Hana. Always remember that", he stated and I smiled. You never fail to express your honest thoughts, Taehyung and I am glad you reminded me that. I depend on Jungkook, I know.

#####

"Eomma, this is the right way to flip the pancakes, right?", I asked her and she nodded. I flipped the pancakes and smiled as they turned golden brown. Jungkook loves pancakes, the banana and the caramel ones.

"Are you making them for Jungkook?", she asked and I nodded. I looked at the glass filled with banana milkshake. Yes, I am making it for the kid in the house.

"Why don't you just run away with him?", she asked out of nowhere and I smiled. Everyone keeps telling me the same thing. If I wanted to run away, I could have done that long back. I wouldn't even leave to Sydney if that was the case.

"I never saw him like that. He used to feel sad hurt but now, he looks broken and it is hurting me to see him like that", she expressed and my eyes turned moist. I know that eomma, my heart is in turmoil being the sole reason behind his downhearted self.

"I will go and give him food", I told her and she nodded. I can't speak about that anymore. I am tired, explaining everyone, and fighting myself. I am more worried about Jungkook now.

I knocked on his door and there was no reply. I knocked on his door again and no response. Is he sleeping? But it's too early. I knocked on the door again and this time, I heard his voice.

"Taehyung, please don't disturb me now. I don't want to talk", he spoke from the other side. I didn't respond as I am afraid he wouldn't open the door if he knows that I am the one waiting outside. I knocked on the door again and the knob twisted.

"Taehyun...", his voice stopped after looking at me. As he was about to close the door, I put my leg in between the door and the wall.

"Jungkook, please", I begged him with pleading eyes and he let out a sigh releasing his hold on the door. I smiled and let myself in placing the tray in my hand on the table near his bed.

"I don't want to eat anything. And I didn't ask you to bring anything to me. Now, you are not even my personal assistant, so you don't need to do any kind of service to me", he spat at me and I nodded.

"I know I am not and I don't need to. But I got them for you because I wanted to", I told him and his expression was neutral.

"It's okay. You don't need to trouble yourself, Miss Do. I don't want to get used to this kind of service. I am afraid I will miss it after your wedding", he spoke and I just smiled, painfully though. He has the best replies, not giving me a chance to speak back.