An Autumn to Remember (Oneshot)

I held Laxus' hand in mine, I tug my scarf upwards to cover my nose as the days grow colder. We stroll through the park, treading on the damp fallen leaves of yellow, orange and red.

Laxus pulls his jacket collar upwards to cover the back of his neck and protect it from the autumn breeze. Although it was cold, it was a nice kind of cold; it had a crisp, refreshing feel to it that made me feel awake and meant that I could wrap my arms around Laxus' arm and cuddle into him to keep me warm.

"This is nice." I comment.

"It is. It's nice to get away from the rowdiness of the guild every so often." Laxus replies.

"I know, especially at the moment with the wedding plans." I state.

"How is it going by the way, is everything ready for two weeks time?" Laxus asks.

"I wish. It feels like everyone has been resting on their laurels recently, it's actually starting to stress me out." I respond.

"It's that bad? I thought Mira was heading up the planning with Evergreen." Laxus replies.

"She is, but I think they've been having difference in opinion recently, they both think they know 'what's best' and are trying to out do each other in terms of who is the best planner. Meanwhile, they are completely ignoring what I want." I explain.

"Ugh, I thought I could trust those two. Maybe I should have a word with them, I don't want them messing up our big day." Laxus replies.

"I could talk to them. I mean, I don't want to fall out with either of them." I stutter.

Laxus stops walking as he stands in front of me and holds both of my hands in his. His warm breath collides with the cold air to create a fine smokey mist as he looks into my eyes.

"They will understand, I just think that I will handle the situation and get stuff done better than you can at the moment. The Doe do is still going ahead right?" Laxus asks.

I burst out laughing at Laxus' way of saying 'stag do'.

"What?" Laxus questions, with a small grin and light chuckle.

"Doe do? I told you, it's a stag do." I reply as I reign my laughter in.

"I know what the official term is, but we're not a traditional couple are we, technically we should both be going on stag dos, but then we would be going to the same one. I thought the proper way to differentiate is if I were the seme stag and you were the uke doe." Laxus explains.

"Since when did you read BL manga?" I giggle.

"Since I found your secret stash under the bed." Laxus grins.

I blush instantly. How did he find it?

"How?!" I reply.

"Our room was messy, I thought I'd take the stress off you and tidy it." Laxus says.

"You tidied! Now that I think about it I did wonder where your pile of coats went." I reply.

I wrap my arms around Laxus' waist and hold onto him tightly.

"I understand your reasoning, so I'll let it slide, just try not to say it too often, otherwise I'll be laughing again." I reply.

"Doe do." Laxus says as he begins laughing.

I join in with Laxus, laughing so hard that I feel a stitch forming in my stomach as I rest my head against Laxus' chest.

"Stop it." I continue laughing.

"I can't help it, I love it when you laugh, it makes me feel better." Laxus says with a big grin.

Laxus kisses the top of my head before taking my hand in his again as we continue walking through the park to stop us from catching a cold.