Chapter 22

I stroll down the streets of Magnolia as the sun begins to lower, ready for sunset.

I walk past the parade of shops until I notice the fancy dress shop. I approach the door and open it, hearing the little bell jingle, announcing my presence.

I step further into the shop as I admire the range of costumes they have on display: cats, witches, superheroes, nurses; anything you can dream of, they've got it.

I begin browsing the rails of clothes until a voice makes me jump.

"Hello young lady, how may I help you today?" A sweet, but rich country accent voice asks.

I turn around to look at the medium height lady. Her hair is in pigtails and she wears a navy, denim, pinafore dress with a cream, long sleeved top underneath.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! It was your hair..." The lady apologises, her face turning red.

"It's fine, honestly." I reassure.

"Thanks. I must say you are a real cutie, look at your little face!" The woman says adoringly with her country accent sounding stronger.

"Uh... Thank you?" I reply awkwardly, not used to this much attention.

"Sorry! I've gone off track. How may I help you today?" She asks.

"Well, I would like to purchase a laderhosen outfit please." I reply.

"Right this way sir." The woman smiles, escorting me to the rack that seems to have different cultural costumes.

"As you can see, the laderhosen comes in different colours, the most popular is green though." The woman advises.

"Thank you, I think I'll try that on." I reply.

"Very good, may I ask what size you are?" The woman requests.

"Well, I'm 15, but I... I sort of only fit in extra small clothes..." I reply shyly.

"I see. Well, I don't think we have laderhosen here that are of that size..." The woman ponders.

"It's okay... I don't suppose you have dirndls in my size either do you?" I question.

"I believe we do, but are you sure you want to wear that?" She asks.

"Why can't I? If that's my preference and I'm happy with it then why should other people judge me for it?" I debate.

The woman's eyes lit up like stars and she crouched down in front of me, grabbing both of my arms.

"You are just the best! Let's find you that dirndl." She says excitedly.

I don't think I can take much more of this... it's only the fact that I'm doing this to surprise Laxus that's keeping me going.

The woman picks out the dirndl and hands it to me. I walk into the dressing room and begin to change into the outfit.

I stare at the mirror. I feel this weird sensation in my legs, perhaps because it's the first time I've worn a skirt. It feels quite nice and liberating in one way, but in another way it feels embarrassing. I don't think I could face Laxus looking like this, even if he does happen to think I'm cute. I don't want to be cute Freed anymore, I want to be hot, smoldering Freed!

I take the outfit off and change back into my own attire. I hand the outfit back to the woman.

"I'm sorry, it's just not working for me, I don't think my boyfriend will like it." I say softly.

"That's quite alright. I was just wondering whilst you were changing, there is something I could do for you." The woman suggests.

"There is?" I question.