Chapter 5

I walk back through the market and look at the streets around. Annoyingly, I forgot to ask Cana where Camellia street is exactly. As I walk a little further, I come across a big sign board that has a map of Magnolia on it, today must be my lucky day. A star marks where I currently am on the map and as I look at the different streets surrounding me, I find Camellia street. It's located past a parade of food shops nearby, so only a five minute walk.

I turn around and see the food shops in the distance. I travel towards them and keep walking until I reach the last food shop on the street, ahead of me is a sign marked Camellia street pointing left. I finally made it to the street where Laxus lives, but now I have to find his house. Considering that there must be at least 50 houses on this street, I'm going to need to talk to someone who knows about Laxus. I amble along the pavement whilst looking out for people on the street that are local. After strolling for a couple of minutes, I come across an old lady walking her little dog, it looks like a corgi.

"Oh, excuse me miss." I call out as I jog towards the old lady.

"Hello little one, are you alright?" The old lady asks.

"Yes, thank you. I was wondering if you knew where Laxus Dreyar lives?" I ask.

"Laxus... is he a boy with spiky blonde hair, just a little taller than you." The old lady inquires.

"Yes, that's him." I reply.

"Ah, he's a lovely boy, the same can't be said about his father though... you're not far away from his house, he lives four doors away from where we are now." The old lady explains.

"Thank you so much." I say with a smile.

"Aw, what a sweet little boy you are." The old lady says as she rubs my head.

The old lady waves goodbye to me as she walks away with her dog. I walk along the pavement and count the doors as I walk by. Number 23 is Laxus' house number. I stand at the door excitedly, but also feeling a bit nervous. I raise my arm and form my hand into a fist as I knock on the door a couple of times. I wait, until someone answers the door, a woman with blonde hair, navy blue eyes, wearing a knee length, cream and floral tea dress.

"Hello?" She questions.

"Hello, I'm a friend of Laxus', I was wondering if I could see him." I reply.

The woman looked at me anxiously and turned her head to look inside the house. She covered herself behind the door as it began to get closer to shutting.

"I'm really sorry, but Laxus is ill, come back later." The woman said nervously as she shut the door suddenly, not giving me a chance to say anything.

I knock the door again, heavier than before. I open the letter box and shout through it.

"Please! I care about Laxus and I just want to know that he is okay, I haven't been able to sleep because of it." I say loudly.

I close the letter box and wait on the doorstep for a few moments. Maybe he really is ill, but I would've thought that I could see him. Maybe Ivan has convinced Laxus' mum to keep people away. I hang my head as I stroll away from the doorstep.

"Hey, little boy!" I hear a woman call out.

I turn my head and see that it is Laxus' mum calling out to me. I quickly walk back to the house to see what she has to say.

"Do you really want to see Laxus?" She asks.

"Yes ma'am. My name is Freed, I don't have any family anymore and although I haven't known Laxus long, he has helped me through the grief and has been the friend that I have needed. I just need to know that he is okay." I explain.