Chapter 11

A couple of weeks later...

After the whole ordeal with Laxus and his family, not a lot has happened. I managed to recover from my strange moment with Laxus when he got his guild mark, however, I'm still confused about what happened to me and why I feel the way I do occasionally.

As a new day has arrived, I leave Master Makarov's house wearing a white short sleeved shirt and charcoal grey shorts on this warm summer day. I stroll to the guild hall with the bright rays hitting my skin, sending a comfortable warmth through my body.

I go around to the back of the guild hall and see some of the members sat on benches on the patio with parasols up to create shade.

In the distance, I see Laxus towards the end of the field with bright bursts of light shinning every couple of seconds. I wander over to him to see what he's up to, as I get closer, he turns around to greet me.

"Hey Freed, how are you doing?" Laxus asks.

"Okay." I reply shyly.

There it is again, my eyes instantly notice that Laxus isn't wearing a top, just a pair of camouflage cargo shorts and black and white converse shoes. The hairs on my arms stand on end as my heart rate increases. Why is this happening again!

"Freed, you've gone quiet again, is something wrong?" Laxus asks.

Say something! Look at his face!

"Oh, um... I don't know." I reply quietly, staring into Laxus' steel blue eyes, noticing small droplets run down his face from the heat.

"Is the heat getting to you?" Laxus questions.

Think of an excuse! C'mon!

"Not really, I was just looking at your chest- No! Your guild crest! That's what I meant!" I say hastily, getting more flustered.

Laxus laughs and puts his arms round my shoulders.

"It's fine Freed, don't get so worked up. Even so, why were you looking there anyway?" Laxus questions.

The lightning bolt styled strands of hair on my head prick up immediately as I begin to feel nervous. Sweat trickling down my face is no longer because of the sun. Laxus is going to think that I'm weird, I can't tell him about what I'm feeling, he won't want to talk to me again...

"I was worried that you might get sunburnt, have you put on suncream?" I ask hesitantly.

"Snap, I completely forgot. My arms do look a little red. Thanks for reminding me Freed." Laxus says happily as he runs towards the guild hall.

Saved. Only just though. What is wrong with me, why do I get so nervous around Laxus sometimes? I'm pretty sure that best friends don't have weird feelings about each other, especially when they're half dressed.

I look around the field and see a massive tree with two guild members sat under it, holding hands. The lady has her head resting on the man's shoulder. They look really peaceful, it's not much different from how I want to be with Laxus...

"Freed!" Laxus shouts from a distance.

Hearing my name snaps me out of the trance of thought that I was in. Laxus runs up to me and grabs my hand, dragging me to a shaded area. We sit down on the grass as Laxus hands me a bottle of suncream.

"Oh, I've already applied my suncream." I say.

"Yeah, I guessed that you probably had, but I was wondering if you could do my back for me, I can't reach." Laxus replies.

Like an explosion going off in my head, my cheeks go bright red and a puff of smoke leaves the top of my head. I quickly tap the sides of my face to stay in reality and not go off on a tangent of thoughts like I usually do.