Chapter 19

I feel like jumping in the sea and swimming away, but that's not a realistic option.

Master Makarov clears the awkward silence by disbanding the members of the guild, allowing them to find the competitors in the forest and enjoy the views and perks of being on the island.

The only people remaining are me and Laxus, stood 7ft. apart.

Laxus' cheeks are tinted pink and he still hasn't said a word since my announcement... until now.

"I think we should talk." Laxus says seriously as he begins walking into a part of the forest.

I run across the sand and try to catch up with Laxus to hear what he has to say, but at this moment, I'm preparing for the worst as my heart is beating rapidly and my stomach is making me feel uneasy.

Me and Laxus find a quiet part of the island, a small cave that leads to a clearing covered with a huge tree that acts like a canopy. The grass is soft and green as this section of the island is idyllic and just stunning.

Laxus and I sit down together facing opposite each other. Laxus looks me in the eyes as his body is repelling against me and he is quieter and more reserved than usual. I think I've broken him.

"Was that a joke or did you mean it in a friendly way?" Laxus says with a mildly passive aggressive attitude.

"What?" I ask.

"You know what you said. You said you loved me. What the hell was that about?" Laxus questions, fuming at my sudden admission in front of the guild.

"Do you want the truth?" I ask.

"It depends, am I going to want to hear this or is it just going to mess me up, even more than I already am?" Laxus questions with embarrassment.

"Don't say it like that. I think you will want to hear it, and I think it'll remove the wool that's been pulled over your eyes, the wool you placed there." I reply with conviction.

Laxus furrows his brows at me before looking away and sighing.

"Go ahead and shoot then." Laxus replies.

"I love you. I love you as a best friend, because we've known each other for a few years now, but more importantly, I love you because I've just naturally fallen in love with you for many reasons, you just make my heart leap for joy every time I see you." I explain, my face gradually changing shades of red.

"So, all those times when I was shirtless or hugging you, you were having thoughts of me and you... 'doing' stuff." Laxus says, sounding awkward and tense by my sudden revelation.

This comment made me feel hurt, my chest feeling tight from anxiety about potentially losing my love as well as my friend, but I can't back down now, Laxus has to know how I feel as well as how he feels himself.

"Not always. It's difficult for me to explain, I've only really just come to terms with my true feelings but I'm not scared of what people think because love shouldn't be hidden away in a closet. I think you are in the same position as I was, but I think you might be bisexual, girls or boys." I explain.

"Stop talking rubbish, you know I like girls I was dating Evergreen for a while." Laxus replies defensively.

"Did you feel anything from it though? Did you actually enjoy being with her?" I retaliate.

Laxus is silent. He has no retaliation or defense. I see him bite his lower lip, his hands forming fists, his vulnerability on show.

"No." Laxus says quietly with a sharp edge to his words.