Chapter 30

I feel so... drowsy.

I slowly open my eyes and find myself laid out on the dusty ground.

I look to the left of me, a hand is still holding on tightly to mine. Laxus...

I quickly sit up, causing my brain to feel like it left my body. As I observe my surroundings, I realise we are still on Tenrou island.

I know I'm not dreaming, but I can't get my head around as to what happened or why we are still alive. I look up to the sky and see that Acnologia is nowhere to be seen.

Around me, the other guild members are beginning to wake too, Laxus however, is still laid on the ground.

I crawl over to him and sit on top of him, trying to wake him up. I place my hands on both sides of his face before softly stroking his forehead, then his hair.

"Please wake up Laxus." I whisper.

I put my head to his chest. I can hear his heart beating, which sends a wave of relief over me, but I can still tell that something isn't right.

"Laxus. Laxus!"

I keep trying to call to him, calling to his soul as it's the only thing keeping him alive right now.

I look around me, searching for help, but no one is conscious enough to help me out.

I close my eyes, browsing through all of the knowledge in my brain to find that nugget of information that would bring Laxus back to me.

One thing came to mind...

All the way back to the time before I confessed my love to Laxus. Somewhere in a yaoi manga I was reading... The main character was in the same position as me, they kissed their one true love and they woke them up.

It's a long shot, but it's the only one I have.

I lower my head and observe all of the details on Laxus' face; his scar, his chiseled cheek bones, his warm and embracing lips.

My eyes begin to water as I feel panic rising inside of me. What if this doesn't actually work? What will I do then? I squeeze my eyes shut as a tear escapes and lands on Laxus' cheek.

My lips make a harder impact than planned onto Laxus'. His lips aren't as soft as they usually are, they feel slightly chapped, most likely due to enduring the elements and taking a hell of a beating from Hades. I intertwine my lips with his, almost like I'm trying to moisturise his dry lips.

I pull away and sit back on top of him, waiting for some sign of life.

As the seconds passed, my heart was aching more and more.

A gasp.

Laxus' chest rises and falls, he started breathing again.

Thank the lord for Cana's yaoi wisdom!

Laxus sits up as I slide backwards onto his lap. Laxus coughs a couple more times like he caught his breath. He looks at me, confused at first, but then a massive grin appears and he grabs me, squeezing me tightly into his chest.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Laxus says with a gruff voice.

"I should say the same about you." I giggle with relief.

Laxus grabs my face and snogs me like it's the last time.

I cuddle into him like the big teddy bear that he is and we just take the time to figure out what is going on.

All the other guild members came around and we just embrace one another as we are so relieved to be alive. None of us knew what happened and I must admit that we were quite shocked to see how different Magnolia looked when we sailed back to the mainland.