Chapter 24

So, over the past few months, things seemed to have calmed down in the guild. I hardly heard any arguments apart from the usual from the rowdy kids.

Laxus seems to have mellowed a little bit, partly due to our developing relationship I believe. We cuddle, snuggle, kiss and all that jazz and it's brilliant! I've never felt so happy in my life and I feel like things are really looking up for me and Laxus.

However, Laxus and Master Makarov are still very much apart. Master tries to reach out to Laxus, but Laxus just ignores him or disrespects him entirely. It's gotten to the point where Master has almost given up, but I think deep down he still really cares for Laxus, but Ivan has sneakily ripped the relationship apart at the seams.

But Ivan was only just beginning...

"Are we just gonna sit here all day?" Evergreen complains as she slouches against the table.

Me, Bickslow and Evergreen are all sat on the S-Class balcony. Laxus was meant to join us, but he said that something came up and by the look on his face this morning, it can't be good news.

"There's just no point in going anywhere yet until Laxus gets back." I reply.

"You can't go two minutes without him." Bickslow chuckles.

I blush.

"That's not true! It's just that... we're a team and we should stick together." I explain.

"You're lying, it's spread all over your face." Evergreen teases.

I swiftly turn around on my chair with my arms crossed, causing Bickslow and Ever to laugh.

From above, I see the doors swing open and my beloved with the lightning shaped scar enters the room.

"Laxus is back!" I say excitedly.

Bickslow and Ever look at each other in the eyes with the 'he wasn't fooling anyone' look.

"Laxus! Up here teddy!" I shout.

Bickslow and Evergreen burst out laughing as Laxus covers his face with his hand and tries to walk up to the balcony like he's invisible. What's wrong with me talking to him like that? He is my boyfriend after all.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask with confusion.

"Teddy? Where on earth did that come from!" Bickslow continues laughing.

"He's big like a bear, but cuddly as a teddy bear." I reply innocently.

Bickslow and Evergreen continue laughing with tears rolling down their cheeks and Evergreen complaining of a stitch from how hard she was laughing.

Laxus appeared at the top of the steps and slumped into one of the seats at the table we were gathered around.

"Hey teddy." Evergreen sniggers causing her and Bickslow to enter another laughing fit.

"Piss off." Laxus grumbles.

"I missed you!" I say adoringly as I wrap my arms around Laxus.

"Get off Freed, I'm not in the mood." Laxus says with frustration as he wriggles out if my grip.

My heart tears ever so slightly at his words, but I knew something wasn't right and not just because of what I called him.

"What's going on Laxus?" I question with concern.

SLAM!

Me and the thunder legion jump out of our skins as Laxus slams his hand on the table. As he lifts it, we see a white letter remaining.