Chapter 12

One year later...

Things have been getting busy at the guild, there have been several new additions to the guild throughout the year, mainly kids ranging between 8 and 11. At first I tried to interact with them, but over time they have just been annoying and destructive, so I keep hanging out with the Thunder Legion and see Cana occasionally, although not as often as I used to since she hangs out quite a bit with Gray, one of the new members.

Laxus has turned 15 recently, and to be honest, his age is really beginning to show. Evergreen and Laxus have been getting really close recently and its made my blood boil a bit, I still can't explain why though. Actually, it's not just his flirting with Evergreen that's got me frustrated, there have been lots of girls that fawn over him because of how cool he is, and the lightning shaped scar over his eye only seems to make him appear more attractive.

I sit at a table with Bickslow at the back of the guild hall as I watch Laxus come through the doors, looking a bit more presentable than usual. I put my arms on the table and rest my head on them, so my view is tilted as I see Laxus walking up to Evergreen. I sigh, disheartened as I sense Laxus being pulled further away from me.

"What's up Freed? You've been down quite a bit recently." Bickslow asks with concern.

"Doesn't it bother you that our group is becoming more separated just because of Laxus' raging hormones." I say as my eyes roll down to look at the table.

"Heh, I'm surprised you know about that stuff already. Honestly, if it's the one thing that will make him happy then I'm not going to tear it away from him." Bickslow explains.

"But I should be the one thing that makes him happy!" I exclaim as I raise my head suddenly and bash my fist on the table, causing it to feel sore.

Suddenly, the pain from my hand doesn't bother me anymore as I realise what I just blurted out, the red in my face rises up so it is fully covered in scarlet. I sink back into my chair slowly as I wait for Bickslow's comment.

"Ha! You're so gay for Laxus it's funny." Bickslow laughs, making me feel more self conscious.

This isn't the first time I've heard this kind of comment, there have been a few people throwing around the word gay, almost using it as an insult in jest, however, it got me thinking about what it actually refers to and when I found out what it meant, I began to realise that what I feel for Laxus might be deeper than what I originally thought, however there is still a part of me that refuses to believe that that's who I am, how could I be gay and love Laxus if being gay is sometimes considered a joke? My feelings for Laxus aren't something that should be laughed at, but how can I confess how I feel to him if it's going to be embarrassing.

"Oh, it was just a joke Freed, I didn't mean to make fun of you." Bickslow says apologetically.

"It's alright, my bond with Laxus is funny, because I don't know what I am to him, I'll see you later." I say dolefully.

I leave the table and walk away, hearing Bickslow call out to me a final time. I exit the guild hall and sit by the wall at the front so I could recover from the situation I was in. This feeling gets worse and worse every day, what's more is how can I possibly talk to Laxus about it? He'll likely laugh as well, which would really stab me in the heart.

"This is like deja vu isn't it?" I hear Cana say.

I recognise Cana's voice and look up to see her standing with Gray.

"Hey Cana." I say sadly.

"This brings back memories of when I first met you, do you need a chat?" Cana asks.