Chapter 29

Freed's POV

After battling Rustyrose alongside Bickslow, we decide to return to camp to recover as the strongest team consisting of Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy and Wendy head towards Hades' ship to defeat him once and for all.

Everyone has regrouped after taking down each member of Grimoire heart and we managed to catch up with Evergreen.

"Are you all right Ever? You look really roughed up." I say.

"I'm fine. I've got Elfman to thank really." Evergreen replies, her cheeks lightly glowing.

"Shall we grab something to eat?" Bickslow asks.

"You just read my mind." Evergreen replies with a smile.

Bickslow and Evergreen walk alongside each other to the campfire where Mirajane was finishing cooking her special curry. I wandered behind them with my head hung low. I just can't help but think about Laxus. Where is he? How is he doing? How we could really use him right now to take back Fairy Tail's sacred ground.

Evergreen turns around as she notices that I'm dawdling. Looking at me with concern and sympathy, she leaves Bickslow to grab some food and approaches me.

She places her arm around my back and walks alongside me at my pace.

"Hun, what's up?" Evergreen asks.

"Well, aside from the fact that I'm feeling exhausted from losing my magic power because of the Tenrou tree being torn down, I just..." I reply with my voice slowly fading away.

I feel an overwhelming sadness fall over me, not one that makes you cry; the one that makes you feel lost and a little bit empty inside.

"I really miss Laxus. I just can't help but think that things would've been different if he was here, but if Gildarts struggled taking down one of those wizards, then what chance would Laxus have?" I question.

"The damage has been done Freed, you can't dwell on the what ifs anymore. I'm sure Laxus is still thinking about you." Evergreen replies.

"What if he isn't though. I know we were close and made up when we parted, but I don't expect him to wait for me, it's not realistic is it. Maybe I should move on too." I explain.

Evergreen grabs both of my shoulders and shakes me before holding me firmly in my place.

"Listen! You and Laxus are meant to be. I mean, even since you were 13 you knew he was the one. You've gone through all this trouble with him and for what? Just to let him go because things have gotten a little bit difficult. Grow a pair Freed!" Evergreen argues passionately, still gripping my shoulders to the point of bruising them.

"Evergreen... you're hurting my arms." I complain.

Evergreen instantly let's go and brushes off my shoulders like nothing happened.

"Sorry. Anyway, my point is to keep thinking about Laxus. You know if you dream hard enough it will come true." Evergreen mentions.

"You mean it actually works!" I say with surprise.

"Yeah. Give it a go now and see what happens." Evergreen replies.

I cross both my fingers in both hands and squeeze my eyes shut.

"Bring Laxus back, bring Laxus back, bring Laxus back, I love him." I mutter.

Moments after I finish my wish, the island began to rumble and heavy clouds coat the sky. A flash of light strikes through the sky causing me and Evergreen, along with everyone else to look up in awe.