Chapter 27

Leaving Magnolia station, the four of us drop our luggage off at our house before returning to the guild to sign off our job request and start perfecting our plan to bring the guild back to its former glory.

"They rebuilt it then." Evergreen states as we stare at the newly designed guild hall.

"It looks crap." Laxus comments.

Bickslow laughs at Laxus' remark before noticing a ruckus going on in the guild hall.

We enter the building and see a now grown up Gray and Natsu fighting each other, ice and fire crossing paths quickly.

"At least I don't flash my underwear to everyone!" Natsu yells as he punches Gray in the face.

"It's better than burning down buildings because you can't control your temper!" Gray retorts as he hits Natsu in the stomach.

"What did you just say!" Natsu shouts.

"Old habits die hard don't they." I say bluntly as the four of us observe the fight taking place in front of us.

"The only difference here is that they've grown taller." Evergreen adds.

"Forget about em. Let's go outside for some peace and quiet." Laxus mentions.

We leave through the back doors and enter the courtyard.

"What's going on there?" I ask.

Laxus once again returns to his grumpy mood as he grumbles under his breath.

In front of us, Levy was stood by one of the trees as Jet and Droy were beating up Gajeel.

"I'm gonna kill that punk for what he did to our guild!" Laxus shouts.

Laxus storms off towards the commotion only to make matters worse.

As much as I wanted to stop him, I couldn't. If this guild is going to get any better, then I'm going to have to trust Laxus that he knows what he's doing.

Me, Bickslow and Evergreen stood on the sidelines, watching Laxus becoming more and more furious at Jet and Droy for being weak as well as Gajeel for destroying the guild hall.

I saw a flash of lightning hurtling towards Levy suddenly.

"No!" I cry out as I begin running to the scene.

I trip over a tree root and roll down the hill to the flat land. I'm 3 meters away from Laxus as I quickly get up to see what happened.

As it turned out, Gajeel protected Levy.

Everyone dispersed, leaving just me and Laxus followed by Evergreen and Bickslow catching up to us.

"Laxus... how could you do that!" I shout.

"What?" Laxus questions as he turns around to face me, his face still full of anger.

"Fair enough, you want to beat up Gajeel, but leave Levy out of it! She's done nothing wrong!" I yell as I hit Laxus' chest without thinking.

"Freed..." Evergreen mutters, worried about what I just did.

My eyes widen as I step away from Laxus.

"I'm sorry, Laxus I'm sorry." I apologise in fear as Laxus approaches me as I try to step back.

Laxus grabs me by the lapels of my jacket and pulls me towards him.

"You listen to me, Freed. I thought you were strong. If Levy is so strong and fit enough to protect the guild, then she shouldn't need that piece of scum protecting her. If you don't want to be part of my plan, then join the other weaklings that are gonna get their asses kicked." Laxus explains with a deep voice as he releases me.