Chapter 9

Every day feels like an eternity, only because I can't go anywhere until I am healed and I am desperate to see Laxus. I know if I visited his house he probably won't be there yet, but still, I kinda wish I could just talk to his mum, make sure that she is okay, I bet she didn't have a say in this whole ordeal, but she might've talked to Master Makarov about it. I close my eyes to fall asleep again after Bickslow leaves the room. Laxus, please be safe.

3 days later...

"How are you doing Freed?" Cana asks as she visits me in the medical room.

"A lot better, thanks. Porlyusica said that my rib is healed so I can actually leave the medical room now, but she told me to take it easy." I explain as I finish buttoning up my white shirt and put on my wine red jacket.

"That's good to hear, I was worried about you." Cana replies with a smile.

"Thanks. It's nice catching up with you too. How's your magic coming along?" I ask as we exit the room together, walking into the main part of the guild hall.

"It's going really well, I'm learning lots of new tricks, I've just got to keep putting it into practice." Cana responds.

"That's great to hear." I reply with a saddened smile.

"You're worried about Laxus, aren't you?" Cana asks sympathetically.

"Sorry, I just rained on your parade there didn't I." I laugh lightly, trying to cover the grey clouds looming over me.

"No, it's fine. I'd rather make sure that you're okay first. I have overheard that Laxus is back in Magnolia, but it's not sounding good." Cana replies.

"Really? I need to see him, they don't understand that I'm the person that will make him feel better." I explain.

"That's nice and all, but I really don't think that now is the time. It seems really serious." Cana advices.

"I know, but screw the rules, I care about him and that's final. Don't tell Master where I am, please." I plead as I hold Cana's hands in mine.

Cana looks up at me with wide eyes and a small frown before nodding her head in agreement.

"I can't stop you, but please be careful." Cana replies softly.

"I will." I respond as I run away from the guild hall to Laxus' home.

Gloomy clouds sweep across the sky and cover the shining sun as drizzling drops of rain start to fall and feel damp against my hair and skin. I continue running through the dark weather conditions. I reach my destination and knock on the door a couple of times. Moments later, someone answers the door; Layna, hands and legs shaking, hair like a hay bell, and a dark bruise covering her left eye. My heart momentarily freezes until she speaks.

"Freed, you can't come here anymore, it's dangerous." Layna says with a quivering voice.

"What's happened? Is Laxus here?" I question with worry.

"He is, but he's not in a good way. It's Ivan, he's not in a good mood." Layna replies.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Please, you have to let me see Laxus." I implore.

"No, you can't." Layna says dishearteningly as she shuts the door swiftly.

The drops become heavier and faster as the precipitation increases, leaving me soaking wet, stood still on the doorstep, trying to take in everything that is happening. I look around the house and see a gate leading to the garden. I open it and walk onto the patio, looking up at the windows of the house, the top left one must be the one to Laxus' bedroom, it appears that his curtains are shut. I observe the garden and find small pebbles, which I gather up as ammo. I pick one up between my fingers and throw it as high and hard as I can at the window, it hit, I could hear the small noise from the impact.