Chapter 25

Luckily, me, Bickslow and Evergreen manage to calm Laxus down enough to talk to him. We lead him to the living room and I walk to the kitchen to make a cup of tea for each of us.

"Freed! Put some whiskey in mine, I need it!" Laxus calls out.

I peep my head around the doorway to look at Laxus.

"Will it make you any happier?" I ask.

"Well, it usually makes me sleepy." Laxus replies with a deep voice due to him raising it earlier.

"I'll put in quite a bit then." I say.

I grab the bottle of whiskey out of the cupboard and start pouring it in Laxus' tea. I think I put in a bit too much actually. Well, at least it might calm him down a bit... or knock him out for the day.

Come to think of it, I've never actually tried whisky.

I bring the bottle up to my nose and smell it. The strong waft of honey, nuts, and a smoky bonfire hit my nose, it smelt quite nice, almost like peanut butter on really crispy toast that has just caught on the edges of the crust.

Tempted by the slight aroma it has, I take a swig out of the bottle... only to taste this awful flavour.

I put the bottle down and start coughing, I run the tap and try to splash water in my mouth to get rid of the foul, burnt to a crisp toast taste.

Evergreen, trying to console with Laxus as she lightly rubs his back, comes into the kitchen.

"Freed? What are you doing?" Evergreen questions.

I turn the tap off and look at Evergreen, although she looks quite fuzzy.

"That whisky is terrible... I don't feel so good." I say softly, beginning to hiccup from where I gulped back the drink.

Evergreen looks at me with confusion and then picks up the whisky bottle.

"How much did you drink?" Evergreen asks.

"Just a sip." I reply quietly before giggling.

"A sip huh? You do realise this has a volume of 40 percent alcohol." Evergreen informs.

I lean against the counter as my head wobbles from side to side.

"Well, maybe I had more than a sip." I continued giggling.

"Freed! This is such bad timing for you to be drunk. You shouldn't even be drunk! You're not old enough yet!" Evergreen exclaims.

I stumble towards Evergreen and wrap my arms around her, she's so comfy.

"I just wanted to try it." I reply.

"There's trying it and then there's having two lots of it in one go. Let's get you sat down." Evergreen sighs as she tries to direct me to the chair in the living room.

Laxus looks at me with complete shock.

"What the hell?" Laxus questions.

"Is Freed bladdered?" Bickslow asks.

"Unfortunately, yes. He must've taken a big mouthful of that whisky." Evergreen answers.

Laxus chuckles.

"Ah, he's happy again." I say with slurred words as I grab onto Evergreen's dress.

"Get off Freed!" Evergreen exclaims.

"I'm laughing at you, donut. I never thought I'd see you pissed." Laxus says with a grin.

"I better bring the teas in then." Bickslow says as he heads to the kitchen.