Chapter 28

Laxus' POV

With my rucksack on my back, I've been wandering around Fiore for three months.

The first couple of weeks were rough on me emotionally. I know I did wrong, but at the same time I was only trying to help the guild become stronger so that we weren't attacked again by dark guilds and thugs.

I had enough money to stay at a hotel in Magnolia for a couple of days, but then I realised that I would need to work or try to budget, something I'm not usually used to since I'm capable of completing high paying guild jobs.

During my first week of expulsion, I considered joining my dad in his new guild, Ravens Tail; however, I was very conflicted on this decision.

If I did join the guild, I would have a roof over my head, I would get plenty of money for jobs and maybe I would be where I belong. On the other hand, after all the shit I've just been through, trying to follow in my dad's footsteps since I thought he had the right idea on how to run Fairy Tail, I realised that I would lose my soul entirely if I joined my dad and bended to his will.

Plus, if I were to ever get Freed back, I need to cut my dad out of my life for good and I need to remember what my life was like before I got overtaken with power and wanted to become stronger. Furthermore, I need to repent for abusing him.

I wander into a deep forest in East Magnolia, searching for a large tree covered in moss by a lake that I had heard about from Master Makarov. The only trouble with this description is the fact that there are lots of large trees covered in moss! In the distance, I see smoke rising and I speed up my walking to follow the smoke.

I emerge from the bushes and see the tree I was searching for and the smoke rising from a small makeshift chimney sticking out of the tree trunk, signaling that there must be someone inhabiting it.

I knock on the door and await for someone to open it. As the door opens, an elderly lady with pink hair and a red cloak greeted me with a not so friendly welcome. This is Porlyusica.

"You! What on earth do you think you are doing here!" Porlyusica exclaims as she grabs her broom and starts hitting me with it.

"I know I know! I'm sorry! I just need to talk!" I shout back as I try to stop the broom from touching me.

Porlyusica stops and holds the broom by her side. She gives me a disapproving glare.

"Your Grandfather almost died because of you and you've caused so much trouble for the guild as well as for the magic council, you should be grateful that Makarov didn't hand you to the magic council." Porlyusica explains.

"I know all that. I truly am sorry for my actions, that's why I came here." I reply dolefully.

"You know by now that I don't like having guests." Porlyusica states grumpily.

I get down on both knees and look up at Porlyusica.

"Please. I'm desperate." I beg.

Porlyusica continues to stare at me like an unwanted piece of crap on her shoe, until she sighs and walks towards her home.

"Come in and have a cup of tea." Porlyusica says with a begrudging voice.

I get up from the ground and duck my head down as I walk through the front door into the tree house.

Inside, there are bottles filled with herbs and liquids. There are tubes, round bottles, slim bottles, pots, pans, Bunsen burners, all sorts. The fireplace is burning as I sit down on the burgundy sofa and observe the hundreds of books on her shelves, the texture of the tree trunk that acts as the four walls to her house and the ceramic paving stones on the ground.