Chapter 14

Venturing deeper into the forest, me and my friends hear a noise in the distance, a sound that you wouldn't usually hear in a forest, the vulcans must be near by.

We approach a clearing and see two vulcans sat down on the ground together, the stone we seek is right there in front of us.

"That's great, all we need to do is grab it and run." I say excitedly.

"Don't be so naive, there's no way the four of us could escape unscathed. If we're not careful, those vultures could easily squash us." Laxus warns.

"How do we go about this then?" Bickslow asks.

"Well, we beat them up surely?" Evergreen inquires.

"We can't do that straight away. We need a plan. What we should do is approach them peacefully, let them say what they want to say, then beat them up." Laxus explains.

"What on earth would those dumb apes possibly want to say to us?" I ask.

"They'll say that they want to beat us up and possibly laugh at how small we are." Laxus replies with certainty.

"Well, we'll insult them back." Evergreen comments.

"No. We mustn't do that, if you insult those apes then they will get super angry, the rate of survival will be slim." Laxus warns.

"Right." Me, Evergreen and Bickslow say in unison.

We peek through the bushes and see no change in the vulcans position, this is our time to attack. Together, we emerge through the bushes and stand in front of the vulcans. The apes stand up and cast shadows over us as they are so much taller than us, I must admit, it's quite intimidating.

"Look, puny humans." One of the vulcans say with a massive grin as they laugh with their friend.

"We don't want to cause a scene, we just need that stone back." Laxus says calmly.

"Would you look at that, the little kid wants his stone back." One of the vulcans comments.

"Go away human." The other vulcan adds.

As the vulcans continue to insult Laxus, I begin to feel more and more wound up, how dare they speak about him in that way; Laxus is strong and caring and just... he just makes me so happy. I know Laxus says not to insult these beasts, but one more mean word out of their mouths and I'll show them what I can do!

"Lightning Dragon Roar!" Laxus shouts as a burst of lightning shoots from his mouth towards the vulcans. It gives them a shock, but doesn't knock them down.

The vulcans laugh together as Laxus becomes annoyed and my fist is clenched with anger.

"Ha, is that the best you can do? That was just static electricity." One of the vulcans jokes, continuing to laugh with their friend.

They've just crossed the line.

"Hey! You big fat stupid ape! How dare you insult my Laxus like that!" I shout angrily.

"Freed! You donut! I told you not to insult them!" Laxus whispers loudly.

"Oh, look who we have here, a little weed." The other vulcan chuckles.

"You've asked for it!" I yell, drawing a rune quickly to trap the vulcans.

Before I could finish my spell, one of the vulcans picked me up by my collar as I dangled in the air, seeing my friends below me calling my name.

The vulcan wrapped their hand around my body and began to squeeze me tightly, like getting the last bit of toothpaste out of the tube.

"Owww! Let go of me!" I yell as my legs squirm and I try to slide my body out of the vulcan's tough grip.