Chapter 13

As I was recovering from my fall, my friends came in to visit me to keep me company. After a couple of weeks, I had finally healed up enough that I was up and about and able to practice my magic again.

I met up with the Thunder Legion in the guildhall so we could discuss job request ideas.

"Hey Freed, how are you doing?" Evergreen asks as I sit down at the table.

"I'm doing well thanks. So, have we got some job requests at hand?" I ask.

"Yeah, I picked a few requests off the board so we can decide as a team which job would be best for us to take on." Laxus replies.

"Okay, let's have a look then." I say positively.

Bickslow spreads out the request posters across the table so we can evaluate each one.

"A woman needs help finding her dog. Reward, 50,000 Jewel." I read out.

"We need something more challenging than that." Laxus comments.

"This one looks interesting: Help find the sacred stone taken from us by Vulcans. Reward 400,000 Jewel." Bickslow mentions.

"That sounds ideal." Evergreen says.

"Yeah, us four can beat up those annoying Vulcans, what do you think Freed?" Laxus asks.

"Does it mean we have to go camping?" I question.

"Probably." Laxus answers.

"Ugh." I moan as I rest my head on the table.

"What's wrong with that?" Bickslow asks.

"Let's just say that the last time I went camping, it turned out to be a bad experience." I say sheepishly.

"What happened?" Evergreen questions.

"A bat flew in my tent and scared me out of my sleep, followed by another beast in the forest who lurked around my tent the whole night." I reply, still remembering the trauma from that day.

"This is a really good job though. Why don't you camp in a tent with me, Bickslow and Evergreen can share the other tent." Laxus suggests.

"Sounds good." Bickslow and Evergreen say in unison.

"You mean it?" I ask.

"Yeah." Laxus says.

"Thank you!" I say enthusiastically.

All of us went home to pack our luggage and met up at the guild hall in the afternoon. We had to travel to Oshibana station by train so we could reach the forest south east of the town, where the tribe were located. Laxus doesn't do well on trains, he ends up feeling sick for the whole journey.

"I never felt like this when I was younger." Laxus complains as he holds his stomach with one hand and his mouth with the other.

"Maybe you just developed motion sickness as you grew older." Bickslow suggested.

"Maybe." Laxus replies quietly.

"I wish I could draw a rune for you that would help, but I haven't discovered it yet." I comment.

"It's fine, thanks for thinking of me though." Laxus mumbles as he melts into the table on the train.

The train stops at the last stop, Oshibana station. Me, Evergreen and Bickslow get off the train; however, we realise that Laxus is still attached to the chair on board.

"Move along kids, the train is about to depart back to Magnolia." The train conductor announces.

"I'm sorry, but our friend is still on there, can we please get back on and take him off?" I ask.