2:9

I stormed my way through the Battlestation, not caring if others judged me. North ran up to me. She was scared and said, "Icefire, I heard about what happened. Why didn't you tell me you were immortal?"

I grabbed her by the sleeve and yanked her along with me. North had to be turned into an immortal for Sapphire to be unable to hurt her. Sapphire can harm mortals, not immortals. "Come with me."

North struggled to resist. "NO! NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME EVERYTHING!"

I ignored her. "This war is for immortals only."

She cried out, "The war has ended! What are you talking about?"

I threw her into an empty room. "No, North, we face a much stronger enemy."

She ran up to me. "STOP! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!"

I grabbed her and spoke softly. "I didn't tell you I was immortal because I feared you would be afraid of me. I don't want you to fear me, North." I set her down. "My friend... My very close, loving, selfless friend... Was murdered today."

North blushed and looked down. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know." She looked up. "It was the new guy, wasn't it? J'Hero Bro?"

I nodded slowly. "Yes. Yes, it was. He was murdered by a skilled killer. I don't know who did this, but I have a hunch. Earlier I was being tormented by a strange being. Her name is Sapphire. She claims to be my mother."

North's eyes widened.

I turned around and called for Thief of Space. "GET OVER HERE! WE NEED SOME MAGIC! IT'S URGENT!"

North looked up at me with confused green eyes. "Why turn me into an immortal, then?"

I sighed, "Sapphire can kill mortals, but not immortals. I want you to be safe."

Thief of Space knocked. "Um... Hello?"

I beckoned her into the room. "Come on in, Thief."

Thief of Space hesitated. "Well, you have a visitor." She stepped aside, and Blaine was there.

"Icefire," he nodded. "I heard about what had happened. I came as fast as I could. I'm sorry for your loss."

I shook away the memory. "No time, we need as much immortal magic as possible!"

Blaine and Thief of Space entered the room. "What are you talking about?"

I ignored them. "Close the door."

They closed it, and surrounded North. "What is this about?" Thief of Space waved awkwardly at North.

I pointed at North. "Immortal, now!"

Blaine looked over at me. "Turn her immortal? Is that even possible?"

Thief of Space nodded. "With just the right amount of magic. But it's very difficult for immortals." She smirked, "It may be easier for J'Hero Bro, but we are only immortals. We can try."

I sighed, "North? Sit down."

North sat on the floor and looked around at us. "What now?"

Blaine snapped his fingers, and a magical flame arose from his hand.

Thief of Space lit her fire, but it was blue.

I also snapped my fingers, and my flame was purple. "Icefire... Ice and fire... Blue and red... Purple."

We all surrounded North. Thief of Space gave the orders. "Okay, on three, everyone direct your magic at North. Give it all you've got."

Blaine and I nodded. He added, "Do you two do this kind of stuff often?"