2:12

"They did what?!" Sapphire floated around my room. "Ha! That wasn't rude at all!"

I shivered in my robe. "They were so obsessed with each other! It was disgusting! Why couldn't they be nice?"

Sapphire sighed, "I'm afraid we need to move to -"

Knock knock

I sighed, "It's probably them now." I glared at Sapphire. "Hide. Now."

Sapphire vanished behind a wall.

I cleared my throat and opened the door a crack. It wasn't Thief of Space or Xiet. It was Blaine. I opened the door wider. "Oh, Blaine! I thought you were Thief of Space!" I smiled innocently and noticed he seemed nervous. "Are you feeling okay?"

He tried to smile back. "I'm doing good- great, actually. I just wanted to stop by."

I relaxed a bit. "Oh, that's fine."

We were in a pause for a while, until Blaine coughed. "Um... Sorry."

I smiled warmly. "Bless you. Did you want to come inside?"

He shuffled his feet. "Nah, that's alright. This will be quick." He looked down at the floor. "You know how immortals have their own power?"

I nodded. J'Hero Bro can read minds, Thief of Space is talented with potions, North is a shapeshifter, and I happened to be strong in heart and on the battlefield. "Yeah, I know. What's your power?"

He looked up. "I'm glad you asked that, because my power is being able to know other's pasts. When I touch or make a magical contact with someone, their life flashes in front of me!"

I looked around. "Are you saying you know about my past?"

He nodded slowly. "Your family was caught in a house fire when you were very young. You stopped aging when you were 17 years old, and then you learned about your magic. I know everything about you!"

My eyes widened. "My house what?" I backed up. "Did you just say there was a fire?"

He nodded slowly. "You survived, but no one else did. I'm sorry." He gulped and added, "You were taken in by a demon... Sapphire? Oh, and a werewolf called Jæfiré."

I backed up. "Oh my... I'm sorry. This is... Hard for me." I felt dizzy from shock and sat down.

Blaine patted my back delicately. "You killed my father... I know how it feels."

I looked over at him weakly. "Um, yeah, bad time to crack a joke."

Blaine looked down at his feet. "Sorry."

I swallowed my thoughts and stood up. "I forgive you. Thank you for telling me this, Blaine." I began to head back into my room.

"DON'T GO! Please...?" Blaine blushed and sighed, "There's more."

I walked over to him. "Yes?"

He took a deep breath and announced, "Please don't freak out or judge me when I say this- but... I think that you and I were meant to be together..."

I froze. "What makes you think that?"

He blinked and continued, "You're an immortal. I am an immortal. You are a werewolf, and I am, too. It is rare- almost impossible to find someone who has the same traits as you! We both have the same immortal traits! H-How old are you?"

I bit my lip before answering, "I am 2347 years old."

He smiled. "You see? That's great! I'm 2129 years old!"

I blushed. He was right, we do have a lot in common. "Wow... Um, 'great' isn't the word I would use."

Blaine nearly jumped. "We kind of look alike too, right?"

I looked him over. "You have black hair, but I have brown hair. And my eyes are blue. Your eyes are brown..." His eyes were a deep brown. Deep, pure, clear brown... Like chocolate...

Blaine snapped his fingers. "I knew it... You like me."

I blushed. "Not... Not like you think..." That was a partial lie. I did like him, but he might have thought I loved him.

He smiled and put his hand against my cheek. "I know you're lying. I saw your past after the war. I saw how you reacted when we met. You thought I was- and I quote- 'handsome.'" His thumb stroked my cheek slowly. "Don't be ashamed, Icefire."

I blushed insanely. "I-I don't love you, though!"

He closed his eyes and chuckled, "I know, I know. I don't love you either. We just met, silly!"

His hand was warm, either that or I was blushing again. "Um... Blaine? I think you're nice and all that, but..."

He lost his smile. "But what?" He began to pull away, and I immediately missed the warmth of his hand and pulled his hand back.

"... But it's like you said. We just met."

Blaine's thumb moved down my cheek slowly. "Well then, I guess we should get to know each other." His thumb gently rested under my bottom lip. Blaine's fingers moved to my jaw, and he slowly eased me forward. "How about we meet up sometime? I can explain my feelings towards you," he offered.

I gasped as I realized I was approaching his face. "F-Feelings?"

Blaine smiled warmly. "Yes. I like you. You are very smart, brave, loyal..." His breath breezed over me, and I blushed. "You are very tough, and you are creative."

I bit my lip and replied cautiously, "Creative?"

He blinked, and I got lost in his eyes again. "Yes, you are creative. You made your own sword once, didn't you, Icefire?" I could sense his breath becoming more and more vibrant. His chest was right next to mine, and I could sense anxiety in his heartbeat.

"Y-Yes."

Blaine smirked. "I told you I knew you." His lips were right above mine, only a breath away from touching. "But you didn't believe me, did you?" Then he bent over only slightly, and his bottom lip pressed against mine. His upper lip brushed mine for a moment, and finally, Blaine kissed me fully on the lips.

I felt overloaded with emotions. This was going too fast... I should just back away and leave him. N-No, that's bad. Blaine is so gentle, and you like him, too. Just stay. Maybe I should stay up all night with him and talk? Nah, I'm getting sleepy. Oh, shut up and enjoy the moment!

He pulled away slowly. "You're beautiful, Icefire. You are brave, smart, tough, and creative." He leaned back to me and whispered, "Can you see it now? Us?"

I mumbled, "Yes, I can. B-But you might be wrong. What if we aren't meant to be together?"

Blaine freed one of his hands to stroke my hair. "Then I'll have you anyway." His hand held my head, and the other one had my jaw. He whispered, "I could love you, Icefire, if you give me a chance."

I felt hot under my skin. I just kissed a Confederate Commander! The one who was on the battlefield, facing me; handsome. My enemy; I was kissing late at night.

He mumbled softly, barely audible, "Will you give me a chance?"

I smiled. "Yes." I wrapped my hand around his hair and finger- combed it. I added, "You really need to brush your own hair."

Blaine laughed weakly and pressed his forehead against mine. He closed his eyes and held me there.

I closed my eyes, too. In a dark shade of blush, I imagined Blaine's face.

"Thank you," his voice murmured. I opened my eyes and saw him smiling back at me. "I'll see you soon." He let go of me and turned away. "Bye, Icy!"

I was left speechless.