2:8

I screamed and ducked. As the gunshot rang throughout my ears, I collapsed on the ground. I wasn't shot, only frightened. Gasping, I looked up. J'Hero was right, someone was around. But J'Hero Bro was nowhere to be seen.

"J'Hero Bro! J'HERO?!" I stood up and ran to where he was. Oh no... J'Hero Bro was lying on the ground, stunned. There was his silver blood coating the ground, and silver blood on his chest. I gasped and whispered, "Are you okay?"

No reply.

"J'Hero Bro? This is Icefire... Move if you can hear me."

His hand moved, flinched. His gray eyes opened slowly. He reflected true pain, one a mortal will never know. "... Icy...?"

I whimpered and bit my lip. "Y-Yes... I'm Icy... You were shot." I looked at his wound, which was overflowing with blood.

J'Hero coughed up blood, and he faced me. "I know... Thief of Space is coming."

"J'Hero Bro!" A voice shrieked, "NO!" Theif of Space ran up to us and bawled. "NO! NO NO NO NO NO!"

J'Hero Bro reached out for her hand. When he had clutched her hand, he whispered, "I will reincarnate... But my memory of you and Icy will be lost..."

Theif of Space cried, "No... Don't forget me!"

I, too, was beginning to cry. "Come on, J'Hero, stay with us... Don't die..."

J'Hero Bro shook his head. "My time is up. Icefire... I trust in you to lead us... Take care of the new me, when I arrive..."

I nodded and held his other hand. "I will. I promise," I whispered. I took deep breaths and tried to stay calm.

J'Hero turned to Theif of Space and mumbled, "Thief... You are a wonderful friend... But you need to move on."

Thief of Space sobbed and shook her head. "No, no, I can't! I'm not strong enough."

J'Hero kissed her hand and replied, "You are, m'lady. You must find it in you. I believe in you."

Thief of Space whimpered. She nodded and sniffled, "O-Okay..."

J'Hero Bro spoke it clearly, like in all movies and novels. The final word of farewell for all of the greatest heroes, "Goodbye."

His head rested back against the ship. His blood faded away, and his eyes closed. J'Hero Bro began to glow, slowly, then in a ball of flame. He exploded, disappearing completely. J'Hero Bro was no more.

"NO!" Theif of Space wailed to the heavens, "NO!"

I gulped and backed away from them. Then movement caught my eye. A figure in black was moving away from us. The killer, a man in black, was getting away with what he had done.

Theif of Space looked up at me. "I don't care who he is... I don't care... But he killed J'Hero Bro... HE KILLED HIM! I WANT HIM DEAD!" Pure hatred filled her eyes, and she sobbed. "KILL HIM!"

I growled and pulled out a vile of black liquid. Staring at a moon, I chugged down the vile. "With pleasure," I hissed. My bones cracked and assembled, reforming me. Fur spiked up, and I dashed after the murderer. The murderer of a god. The murderer of my friend. I howled and chased after him, but the killer was too fast. Using all the energy I had left, I pounced on top of him. "YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE ME!"

The killer had a black shirt, black pants, black armor, and goggles to shield his eyes. Black over black, he was a ninja in the night. I raised my paw to slice him open, but he suddenly moved. He sprayed a thick green fog in front of my face, blinding me. I gasped and flailed for freedom.

The mist vanished as quickly as it came, and the killer was gone. I howled in rage, "NO!" I roared into the blackness of space, "ARE YOU THERE, KILLER?! ARE YOU WATCHING ME?! YOU MURDERERD MY FRIEND! NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES, I WILL FIND YOU! DO YOU HEAR?! I WILL GET YOU FOR THIS!"