1:3

Ocean water soaked my feet as I sat on the beach. I never expected immortals to regret, but here I was, regretting the loss of my kingdom. I am such a foolish immortal. Thief of Space had taken me away from the forest, and had invited me into a... Mushroom house? I couldn't tell, but the mottled yellow walls reminded me of fungus. Of course, it didn't smell like fungus. She had dinner waiting for me, fresh and warm. Noodle soup and biscuits were set neatly on the table top. I was hungry, but I decided that it was best for me not to eat. This night was going to be spent grieving for my kingdom.

"Icefire? Are you going to come inside?" The Thief of Space had the light on in her home, and the golden glow was sprawled across the beach. I didn't like how bright the light was. It was ruining the scenery of the ocean at night.

"No," I called back. My voice was sour and grouchy, but if your home was demolished in front of you, you would sound cranky, too.

Thief of Space made a whimpering sound before returning back inside. The quiet wind blowed past the calm ocean waves, and through my hair. I had taken off my shoes so that the cold water could wash my toes. I looked up at the sky. Barely any stars were out, and it was rather cold. I tried not to shiver as the light in the mushroom home went out.

Wind blowed, howled, and whispered; but I didn't care. I stared blankly at the waves crashing against the rocks.

Then I heard a soft wind from above me. From the sky, a silhouette was descending from the clouds. It came into view, and I couldn't help but to stare. J'Hero Bro landed on the beach, and walked over to where I was sitting.

"Your majesty, I mean- Icefire," he said. He sat down on my left side. "I'm sorry for your loss."

My vision blurred and a tear streamed down my face. "Loss? LOSS?! I lost my home! My kingdom is destroyed!"

J'Hero Bro stood up. "M'lady, even if your home was destroyed, don't give up. There is a war going on, and your kingdom was only a battle."

I glared at him. "Why should I listen to you?"

His face was solemn. "Because I saved your life."

I sighed and got up. "My kingdom is gone. But this war is far from over."

J'Hero Bro nodded. "You have spirit m'lady. But love is your primary weakness. Be careful of your feelings. They will lead to your downfall, that I promise you."

I nodded. "Let's start again." I extended my hand, trying to have our friendship off to a better start.

J'Hero Bro took my hand and shook it.

"My name is Icefire, I am an immortal. I am also an enchantress. I am a War immortal, and I will not rest until the war is won."

J'Hero Bro looked guilty of a crime. "My name is J'Hero Bro. I-" He paused. "I am a Dark Magic god."

Dark Magic. Evil magic, powerful. No way... It can't be...

"You're darkness..." I backed away, knowing how a dark god could kill an immortal. "You're evil!"

J'Hero Bro was offended. "No, I am not evil, I'm just-"

I screamed. He had come to kill me! He's going to kill me! He's working with the outsiders, he's a traitor! "GET AWAY!" I ran off. I kept running, refusing to look back. I jumped over logs, ran past trees. I was sprinting faster than a bullet! Get away... Get away... Get away.

He appeared out of thin air in front of me. "Stop."

I gasped and whipped around, running again. He can teleport! "No!" I couldn't run forever, and I was beginning to run in a circle when J'Hero Bro popped up directly ahead.

"M'lady, stop." He wasn't commanding me, but he wasn't exactly asking me either. "Stop running away."

I fell down to the ground, almost fainting. "Go ahead." I knew he would kill me, but I would die proudly. My home was gone, and my friend turned out to be a Darkness Immortal. "Go on!"

J'Hero Bro stared at me. "What?"

"Kill me! See if I care!" I closed my eyes and waited.

Nothing.

I looked up. J'Hero Bro was giving me the most confused, sad, and shocked look I have ever seen. I was getting annoyed. "WELL?!"

He scratched his head lightly. "Umm... I'm not going to kill you..."

I groaned and stood up. "So you're a Dark magic god, known for evil AND slaughtering immortals?"

He nodded slowly.

I glared. "But you're FRIENDLY?!"

J'Hero Bro smiled and nodded quicker. "Yes, pretty much."

I turned around. But at the last second... I whipped around and slapped him in the face! "YOU IDIOT!!"