3:4

Icefire

Bloody cries rose up from the fire. I smiled a crooked, toothy smile. "... I hate him..." A man crawled out of the lava and wailed when he saw me.

I threw my scepter at him and the man fell back into the pit.

"GET IN THERE!"

As the Mythreans cried out for mercy below me, I watched without a care. "ICEFIRE!" "HAVE MERCY ON ME, ICEFIRE!" "PLEASE, SAVE MY CHILDREN!"

I ignored them and waved my hand dismissively. "Whatever..."

Suddenly a black fog appeared in front of me. I saw Sapphire smiling at me. "Icefire...?"

I glared. "What is it?" Torturing men and women began to appeal to me. Watching them burn wasn't good enough for me! I wanted to inflict the pain on them myself. I wanted to stop being interrupted.

"I have been studying your activities lately."

"Wow, a stalker. But please, continue."

Sapphire replied, "Rebellious activities are acceptable. But you are being involved in the side lines."

"What?"

"YOU DO NOT EVEN TORTURE THEM! ALL YOU DO IS BURN THEM!"

"So?"

"You will pay for your actions. You have chose to not hurt them. So I will hurt you..." Sapphire disappeared and I saw a small figure in the darkness. "You are CURSED Icefire!"

I saw the tiny figure come into view. I couldn't believe what I saw. "Oh... No... Way..."

"From your blood I have designed a child; a child in your image. The father shall be Blaine, and you are to raise your toddler in the pit of fire and depression."

A small baby girl floated to me and slowly settled in my arms. Her eyes were closed, but I knew this child would look exactly like me. Her hair was brown, her skin color was similar to mine, and her clothes were simple. Of course, my red dress and scepter were not simple, but she did look like me.

Sapphire's gooey green skin bubbled and twisted when she spoke. She said, "Are you happy now?"

I glared at the ghostly creature and spat, "NO!"

Sapphire disappeared and I was back in the fire pit. The fire roared and the little girl whined in my arms. I rolled my eyes and walked over to my cave. Sitting down, I reluctantly cradled her to sleep. "Shhhhhhh..."

The baby cooed at my voice and stroked my hand.

I rolled my eyes and ignored her. Staring out at the flames, I watched people burn together.

"Ma..."

I looked down at the girl. She was awake, and her bright blue eyes sparkled at me. She cooed again and mumbled, "Mommy...?"

I growled, "I am not your mother!"

But the baby giggled again and drifted off to sleep.

I muttered curses. I don't have time for a child! Stupid punishment! But I picked up my scepter and pointed it at a rock. The rock burnt into ashes, but then reformed to a crib of wood and cloth. I set the baby in the crib and grumbled, "Stupid curse... stupid punishment... stupid pathetic child go to bed..."

The child sniffed and began to whimper. Soon she was wailing out loudly.

"NO! STOP THAT!" I grumbled and decided to rock the crib. So I shook the crib vigorously. But the baby began screaming with tears everywhere. "STOP!" I almost panicked, thinking I was going to kill her. What was I thinking? I'm fine if she dies! I swept the bawling toddler out of the crib and pointed my knife at her chest. "I will kill this baby..."

The baby suddenly stopped crying and held her fat face. She rubbed her cheeks and cuddled up against my hand. But her eyes showed fear when she saw the knife.

I positioned the knife again and glared at the child. "Did you hear me? I'm going to destroy you!"

The child whimpered and held my fingers desperately, as if she was begging for her life. Her blue eyes met mine, and I suddenly saw my child. My own flesh and blood. My baby girl was at the edge of murder.

"NO!" I shook the thought away and got the blade ready. Any second now... Just do it. But I kept looking at her and seeing a helpless baby girl, about to be murdered in a fire pit, in cold blood by her own mother.

I sighed and threw my blade away. "This is pathetic."

The baby cooed and bit her lip, and smiled.

"Stop doing that. You're lucky I'm going soft."