Struck Out

"It all started.. No that's not good, oh! How about I introduce it to dialogue, nah already did that for most of this month. Uuurgh, and I still don't have any idea on what to do." John grumbled, laying back on his cloud bed.

Just ten years ago, heaven was introduced to the concept of fanfiction online. Of course the former rhythm guitarist of the Beatles was the first to jump on the bandwagon, mostly writing short skits up until 2016 when he decided to get a Wattpad account (He even coaxed George and Stu to join in as well). He loved hearing all the comments on everything he did as well as check out all the other Beatles books that were available.

"Since Fanfiction.Net wouldn't allow real person fics I moved over to here, not to mention the app lets me read my own stories and anything saved to my private library even when there's no wifi so it all works out." He remarked when he joined. "I bet I'll be writing thousands of books that everyone will love!"

And just four years later he still was writing, but he only had twenty nine books, five of which he hasn't updated for months. Now in September he thought he could try doing an event where he writes a prompt oneshot every day, but eventually he had no clue what to do.

"Ever thought about finishing up your old McHarrison story you made way back when you first joined? I know you haven't thought of that since.. Like ever." George grumbled, he didn't write much on there since not a lot of people commented on his chapters, but John was always there to gush about how much he loves them.

"I don't have any ideas for how to advance that story either. But I refuse to delete it! Even if it barely gets any votes, there's no way I can be satisfied unless a book is complete! That goes for all the other deadfics and deleted stories I've read on these sites over the years."

"Well.. Whatever you say I guess. I'm just gonna go down and have a snack." Getting off of his laptop, the younger Beatle went into the kitchen where Stu was waiting.

"What I need is inspiration, something that gives me a whole new idea for my latest creation! Or maybe I could ask Stu if he has any requests for me to write, believe me, I could use the help. Help! Aha! I better go down and ask George if he wants to cowrite, that's one way for me to get the creative juices flowing."

The mention of juice made his belly growl, causing John to realize he hadn't eaten since his breakfast of cornflakes. "Hopefully the others haven't completely stuffed themselves." Joining his bandmates at the table, he found he wasn't the only one with writer's block.

"Hey John? I really wanna draw something, but my mind keeps coming up blank. Think you can help a starving artist out?" Stu asked.

"I was hoping you could help me with writing requests. Guess our works will have to wait for now, but I gotta get something done before the day is out."

"Just stop worrying about the oneshots through the month thing." George grunted, handing over a plate of peanut butter crackers. "Bet this would take your mind off it."

Picking up one of the crackers, John popped it into his mouth. "Hmm, crackers.. No it's not enough to stand on its own. Um, got any orange juice to go with this?"

Pouring himself a glass, John downed the whole thing. "Wait a sec, a dry mouth which needs juice to quench. Or maybe too much orange juice makes me crave something salty! Wait, what would cause a character to drink so much?"

"Ugh, I'll go see if the lava cakes are done."

"Lava! Lost on a tropical island, only to be found by natives! And as a twist they're much more technologically advance because feck the stereotypes that only mainland white people can be smart. But then how would the juice fit in?"

After the molten lava cakes were downed, then came the ice cream to cool off their tongues, soft pretzels to give them a little salt kick, jello cubes because they needed to free up cupboard space and finally a wafer each.

As to be expected, the trio gained quite a bit of weight from all the stuffing. Their bellies piled out onto the table, covering up the empty plates with their flab, their newfound love handles hung over the sides of the chairs they were on, their limbs sinking into their soft bodies, their clothes could barely hold their massive frames and their faces gained double chins and puffy cheeks. "Ugh, I was hoping being up in heaven negated all potential weight gain." Stu belched, the rumbling cracking his chair.

"But I now have an idea for my latest oneshot!! Upon being washed ashore by the salty sea, we find ourselves on an island created by hardened dry lava! Along the way we meet up with the residents who have invented instant food wafers with jellified water which we get to taste! Oh no time to spoil the ending, I need to write this up before I forget!" John grinned, speed waddling to the computer.

"Hey wait up! I wanna make art of that concept!"

Watching his two bandmates, George laid back to let it all digest. "At least they're happy."