Berry Picking

Brian thought it would have been nice for the boys to have a day off, he didn't think it would wind up as a whole week off. You want to know how it happened? Well listen close as I tell you about the Beatles day at the berry patches.

The manager of the world famous band knew they were exhausted from nothing but interviews and answering fanmail. He figured they could use a break, so he postponed any future interviews for them to rest. "I think they'd like some time outdoors, but not horseback riding. After Paul tried to smoke on his pony he nearly got kicked off, something not involving weed or unpredictable animals. There are some berry bushes nearby, it's the season to pick them too."

Heading over to the hotel room next door, he watched as his four boys laid back on their beds. "How would you boys like to go berry picking? As part of your day off, I thought it would be good exercise for you and you can get fresh fruit."

"I dunno Eppy, don't those berry bushes have a lot of muddy patches and bugs?" Paul asked. "I wouldn't want to get my best suit all filthy."

"You wear a suit to go pick berries?" John smirked.

"What can I say? I like to dress to impress."

"Well I'd like to go, anything to overfill my basket full of deliciousness and make smoothies!" George giggled, the thought of fresh mixed berries bouncing around in his mouth.

"It would be nice, I can't remember the last time I was able to get out and get some fresh air without having to worry about reporters or crazy fans." Ringo added.

"Well.. Fine I'll come too, just as long as I don't need to bend down onto the dirt."

Smiling, Brian tucked his boys into bed and turned off the lights. "Better rest up so you're all set for tomorrow, think of it as a little family bonding between the five of us." He cooed before returning to his own room. "It'll be their best day ever."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, the Beatles and their manager were off in the berry bushes. George was pulling the biggest berries he saw right off the stems and into his basket, Paul meanwhile picked out ones which weren't too close to the dirt ground, John forgot his glasses, leading to him picking up a ton of unripe berries. Finally Ringo helped Brian carry the baskets back to their rented car and picked out any leaves John grabbed along with the fruits.

"Looking good boys, we got enough berries to last for the rest of the month!" Brian smiled, getting them back to the car. "You think we hit anything along the way here?"

"With you driving no doubt, but I'm sure it was nothing important."

Nothing important? What Brian happened to hit was a sign labeled "Blueberries for baking only, do not eat raw". But none of them noticed as Paul drove them all back and washed the berries. "I'll make us a nice berry crumble, you boys can pick out whichever leftover fruit you'd like. But be sure to save me the strawberries, I love them."

A couple large, juicy blueberries were left out of the crumble, so each Beatle took one to eat. "Mm... So sweet, and tons of juice." John smiled. "In fact, it's like a nonstop waterfall of juice."

"How many did I put in my mouth again? Ah! John!! You're turning blue!" Paul shrieked.

"I'm wha-well so are you! And George!"

Rushing to the nearest mirror, Ringo found the four of them had gained a blue complexion from the berries. "What was in those blueberries? Ooooh.. I don't feel so good.."

Looking down, he jumped as his belly surged outwards, causing gaps to form in between his suit buttons. "I'm swelling up! Is this some sort of weird allergic reaction I didn't know I had?"

A loud rip came from behind, then three giggles. "Aw, my pants must have a tear."

Eventually the shortest Beatle lost balance and tumbled onto his back, watching as his bandmates' limbs shrunk into them, buttons popping from how big they grew. His belly sloshed full of juice, but with how much he was filling up, his belly tightened and became sensitive. "Aaaah.. When are we gonna stop growing?"

He got his answer when he could no longer feel his arms and legs, his tiny feet flapping about. "This is like something out of a horror book! How did this even happen? EPPY!!"

Hearing the cry of a distressed Beatle sent Brian rushing up to their room, hot crumble in hand. "Ah! What happened to you boys?!"

"I.. I dunno, we just had some blueberries you left behind and then we got blown up like blue balloons." George muttered, trying to balance on his groin.

"I tried some of the other berries but nothing happened to me. Must be some sort of modification only the blueberries have for some reason. Ah! I put them in the crumble! What if it's tainted now? I better call the owner of the berry patches and tell them about what happened here, if I don't sue them first!"

"It's alright Eppy, I'm sure it's just a temporary thing, or at least curable." John assured to him. "If not we'll make that guy pay for custom guitars for lifesize blueberries.. Umm.. Can you roll me to my bed?"

Smiling softly, Brian had his boys rolled to their beds and cleaned the torn bits of their suits off the ground. "Now to make a quick call."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fab Four were about to doze off when Brian entered with four large onesies. "The owner said the berries were made for baking only, as they were overflowing with juice. But they promised to pay for your damaged suits and gave you these new ones. I hope you don't mind staying like this for a few more days, the owner also said you need to wait until you're fully ripened up before squeezing the juice out of you."

"Why the long wait?"

"You're very tight now, if you try to be juiced today it'll be incredibly painful. You'll soften up as time goes on."

"Aw.. But what about-"

"And don't worry about any interviews, everything's postponed until you're fully juiced." Brian smiled, rolling them into their new onesies. "Now you boys just relax, I'll take care of everything."

Smiling, each Beatle dozed away, but not before John offered their manager to sleep on his belly. "I think I'll enjoy being a blueberry."