Welcome Home Stuffing

Cynthia Lennon was sitting in the living room, waiting for her husband to return from another long tour. She missed him very dearly, even though he called her every day, she just wanted to see his face. "Hope he's not held up at the airport, I should do something special to welcome him home." She thought.

One thing he often complained about was the food on tour. Most of the meals didn't sound too bad, but it was clear he missed a home-cooked dinner. "Ah, I better cook lots for him then." She decided, heading to the kitchen. "He is very fond of curry, I better make a big pot for when he comes back. Now, I wonder what he'd like for pudding."

Once everything was set up, Cynthia heard a cab pull up to their mansion. "Oh! That must be him." She smiled, going out to greet John.

John looked ecstatic to see her, but he seemed a bit gaunt. "Cyn! Oh how I missed you so." He scooped her up in his arms. She could feel how bony his arms were. If she had to guess, he was probably too busy to eat. Either way, Cyn was still excited to finally be in his arms.

"How was it John? I bet it was a lot of fun seeing all the sights in Washington."

"All that we had time to see, it was mostly either gigs or interviews. I was missing you all the while."

"We should bring in your luggage inside, you must be tired."

"Like you'd never believe."

John insisted on carrying most of the suitcases, even when she tried to help. He still gave Julian a small box to carry in. He was most excited to see his father return from the long tour.

"Hey there little man, hope you didn't give your Mummy a hard time."

He giggled and shook his head. "Did you bring anything back for me?

"Did I? Well let me see." Reaching into the box Julian was carrying, John pulled out a wooden toy car. The young boys eyes lit up and he struggled to balance the box as he took the toy.

"Thanks Daddy! I love it!" Julian cheered, going to play with it. A smile grew on Cyn's face as she watched. John hasn't changed at all, but he seemed a bit on edge. He must still be holding onto the stress from the tour. Hopefully he'd be able to relieve some of it.

"Are you hungry? I got dinner on, made you something you must have missed dearly while touring."

"Oh, definitely! I can't wait to see what you made."

The scent of the rich curry made John nearly drool, he doesn't remember how long it's been since he had food that wasn't an instant meal or from a greasy diner. It was almost overwhelming with how much food there was.

"Cyn, you really outdone yourself here. Did you make all this yourself? You must be exhausted from all that cooking."

Her face turned a light crimson. "It's fine, I just really wanted to make a special meal for your return."

Giving her a kiss, John grabbed his plate and began to stuff himself, he was close to starving. He took a rather large serving of curry, along with some rice and a slice of fresh bread. Cynthia was amazed at how much he could eat. During the meal, he kept giving her affirmations about how good everything was. Between each bite, he made sure to like the fork clean. Cyn could feel herself grow fidgety. She never really focused on John's eating before, but there was something memorizing about how he devoured everything.

When he was finally full, John patted his now taunt belly. "Oof.. I think I overdid myself back there.." He moaned, unbuttoning his shirt to make himself more comfortable. "It was just so good, I couldn't resist eating that much."