Chapter Twelve

Enthralling Imperfections

Chapter Twelve

~

*Written based on Zarah's point of view*

"Fine. Think fas-" I was cut off by Niall.

"What if Zayn tells you that he loves you, not as a fan, not as a directioner, and not as a friend, but  as a girl from California, a girl he met at the beach?" Niall grinned.

I stood there, unable to speak, unable to move. What if there's a possibility that Zayn will like me? What if Zayn likes me? What if I'm going to be the first fan that one of them'll date?  Niall's question froze me. I know he's just testing me if I could never be distracted by anything, and by the way I acted, he'll know that I could be. And, he'll know that Zayn liking me would be my biggest weakness and my biggest distraction.

I remembered the dream that I have dreamed of me and Zayn. What if that'll happen? What if there will be no ringing and then our kiss would happen? I thought for a while. I bit my lip. Am I copying Zayn's actions whenever he is nervous? I don't care! I'm nervous too. Any minute now, my fangirl self would pop out. I'm trying my best to keep it inside of me. 

"Still no." I managed to say after the long silence that I have created. Obviously, Niall knows that I could be distracted, but I still lied. 

"Oh really?" Niall mocked and walked towards me. I don't know what Zayn's reaction is because I'm too embarrassed to look at him right now. So, I focused my attention to Niall. 

"Niall?" I said as he got really close to me. He was motioning his fingers. 

"Gotcha!" He said as he tickled my rib. I completely forgot about the tickle wars.

"Niall, I'm not ready!" I demanded as I tried to dodge his hands.

"It's because you're distracted." Niall said as he continued to tickle me. I was now lying down on the floor, Niall knelt on my side so that he could still tickle me. 

"Niall! Stop!" I said in between laughs.

"Say that I win first." Niall said.

"You win! You win!" I said as I continued to laugh.

"Hear that? I won!" Niall said as he jumped around the house and left me lying on the cold floor. I rolled my eyes and helped myself to get up. I saw Zayn's hand reaching me. I looked up at him and bowed instantly. I was still a bit embarrassed. But I reached for his hand as he pulled me up. 

"You lose." Zayn said, trying to control his laugh.

"Fine. Laugh as mush as you want. I always lose at tickle wars." I said, partly shamed, partly mad. 

"Hey, I'm just saying." He said. 

"Yeah." I said as I rolled my eyes and walked towards the couch and sat beside Liam.

"Hey Zarah." Liam greeted and looked at me.

"Hey." I answered, impassively.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I lied. 

"Okay." He answered and looked at the television screen again. Now I understand why he was concentrating on the screen earlier and gave no attention to other things. Liam was watching Toy Story. I smiled at him and watched too. I, too, was now concentrating on Toy Story when suddenly, massive hands covered my eyes. 

"What the-!" I demanded. I pinched the hands that are covering my eyes and turned around.

"Are you Mr. Krabs? You pinch...hard." The curly boy said. I should've known that it was Harry.