Chapter Sixteen

Enthralling Imperfections

Chapter Sixteen

~

"Why are you asking me?" She asked. We both laughed and I looked away. I looked back, now, with a serious face on.

"No, seriously. 'Coz I really don't know how and where." I said. She looked at me quizzically. I ran my tongue on my lips and wet it. We looked at each other deep in the eyes. We were like on a staring contest. I blinked and looked away and smiled. I bit my lower lip and thought. I already have thought of the words that I am going to say, but I hate to think that I'm having a mental-block right now. Which literally erases everything I have thought of saying to Zarah.

"Okay. Uhmm." I started as I looked at her again. Lost. Again. In her eyes. In those perfect eyes of hers. She raised both of her brows and listened.

"I was hoping you didn't forget what happened a couple of hours ago." I said.

"When you lied to them and said that I left something here in the house when I really didn't?" She said, not in the "mad" way.

"Yes. And also the time when we ki-"

"We kissed? How could I forget that?"

"Good. 'Coz there's something you need to know about that." I said. I have a feeling that this is not going to go on well.

"What?" She asked.

"Do you think that we were the only people here that time?" I asked.

"No. Liam followed us." She answered, straightly. How come she knew that when I don't? How did she know that Liam was following us? How?

"Yeah. How did you know that?" I asked.

"While we were walking, I saw Liam whispered something to Niall, Niall nodded and then Liam walked backwards. Then I turned my head to look forward again and glanced at the nearby glass to look whether Liam was following us. I saw his reflection and decided to think that he was planning something. Maybe he knows that you will do that or maybe he just want to know what you were really up to." She said. How genius is Zarah? But the question is, why didn't she tell me that?

"Oh. Then why didn't you tell me that?" I asked her. The moment I pictured this, she must be the one to ask me loads of questions, but it turns out like it's the opposite of what I thought of.

"Hello, Zayn, I'm mad at you that time, right?" She said. Yeah, right, she was. Why did I forget that? Just because I don't want to remember the times whenever she is mad at me.

"Yeah, right. I....forgot." I managed to say.

"Is that all you need to say?" She asked.

"No." I answered.

"Tell me." She said.

"Uhm, since Liam knew that that 'incident' happened, he has the power to blackmail me, right?"

"Yes."

"The good thing is, he didn't do that to me."

"Oh, Liam's so good."

"You might want to rethink that after I tell you this."

"Why?"

"The worse thing is that he didn't wait for the chance to blackmail me because he already have told Perrie right after he saw what happened."

"Liam's still so good." What?! Why is she thinking that way? I'm not saying that she must think that Liam is very rude and bad. But, why?!

"What? Why?" I asked.