Chapter Twenty Four

Enthralling Imperfections

Chapter Twenty Four

~

"Are you sleepy?" I asked her as we sat on the roof.

"Nope." Zarah replied. 

"Oh." 

"Zayn, tell me why you never spoke to me since I left your house?" She asked. I obviously didn't know what to say. I stared at the night sky. "Zayn?" She called. I turned and looked at her. I bit my lip, unsure of what to say.  

"I, uhm..." I started. 

"Stop mumbling. I don't like it." She said.

"Oh."

"So?"

"I'm afraid you would be mad at me....again if I tell you the reason." I told her. I bit my lip one more time.

"Why would I be?" She said. She moved closer to me. 

"Uhm..."

"Don't mumble."

"This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no." I sang to her. She eventually laughed.

"Hey, you're making me forget what I asked you." She whined.

"Damn, I thought you forgot it with all those laughing that you did."  

"Hey, I have a pretty good memory. I'm still seventeen, you know?"

"Yeah." I nodded. 

"So?" 

"Ugh! I hate when people have sharp memories."

"A girl remembers everything." She winked. 

"Right." 

"Zayn!" 

"Okay, okay." I finally gave in. I'm going to tell her the answer to the question I'm not really sure if I could answer it without being interpreted wrongly. "But, I'll answer that later."

"Why later? Why not now?" She asked. 

"Reasons." I said. She pouted and just nodded. 

"Promise me you'll answer it later even if I forget that I ever asked you that, okay?" I smiled.

"Promise!" I said, Zarah copied my smile. But hers brought me to another world. It feels like everytime she smiles, the whole world can just fade away. Her smile lights up my world brighter than millions of lightbulbs. Her smile completes me. I don't even know how I managed to live the past few days without seeing her smile.

Man, I love her smile. 

No, I don't. 

Not just her smile.

But her as well. 

I love Zarah.

That's official.

*Written based on Zarah's point of view*

Zayn and I continued to watch the magnificent starry night sky.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I asked him.

"Who? You? Of course you are." He winked. It sent shivers again. I blushed, but we're only friends. He's dating Perrie and I don't want to interfere with them again. I don't want to receive death threats and stuffs like that anymore. I'm so sick of those.

"Haha, So funny." I said sarcastically.

"Just kidding." He said. Part of me wanted him to take back what he said but part of me thought that it isn't right to flirt with someone who already have a girlfriend. I mean like, I'm disgusted to the people who're flirting with people who's already taken, so, why would I do that? It's like I would be disgusted to myself. I mean, I already am, but you know. Just more disgusted.