Chapter Forty Four

Enthralling Imperfections

Chapter Forty Four

~

50 minutes...

I haven't done anything to myself and I just wasted 10 precious minutes. I just stood there, staring at my outfit for the night. Andrea would be picking me up in the next 20 minutes so, I have no choice but to move right now.

I was currently playing with my phone on my hands. I was thinking of backing out, text Andrea that I suddenly had a fever. The last time I checked, I was so hyped up and that I was so excited. But now, I just wanted to stay home and sleep the whole night. I have a feeling that something will happen tonight but I'm still not sure if it is a bad one or a good one. I just hope it will be something good.

Grabbing my towel and taking a really quick shower. I wrapped the towel around my body and plugged on the blower.

8 minutes remaining before Andrea picks me up...

All I have done was to dry my hair and wear my outfit for the night. I haven't styled my hair to perfection, I haven't picked out my shoes, and I haven't done my make up. I know that I said that I hated applying it but I have no choice. If I want to look good for tonight, I should probably put on some. I went to my rack of shoes and wore my southernwest thong sandals.

I ran out of time. Andrea was already ringing the doorbell yet I still don't have any make-up on and my hair is all over the place. After a while, there was a knock on my door.

"Zarah? Are you in there? It's Andrea." She said after three knocks.

"Yup. I'm here." I answered as I tried to locate my curling iron.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

"Sure." I said. I heard my door opened and closed. "Hey." I beamed at her.

"Love, you obviously are not yet ready." She said, giggling.

"Yeah, yeah, you could say that." I said and sighed.

"Let me help you." She said. She dragged me infront of my mirror and sat me down. She worked with my hair first then afterwards, she put on my make-up.

"Done." She announced. She finished everything on 5:45. I looked at my whole reflection in my full body mirror. "You look amazing." She said. "Don't I get a thank you?" She asked. I was still out of words. "Okay then, you're welcome." She shrugged. "Love, please don't fall in love with yourself. We have to go." I didn't move an inch. Oh come on. Don't make me drag you out." She warned.

"Coming." I managed to speak out. I don't fit the word perfect nor flawless. I just look, well, presentable for tonight. I grabbed my purse and stuffed my phone and a few bills inside.

"Stay safe girls." My mom as we bet goodbye to her. Andrea and I nodded in response. My mom smiled at the both of us as we exited the front door.

"Are you ready for the night of your life?" Andrea asked as she ushered me to her car.

"I guess." I responded. She just smiled at me.

"Don't be nervous. This will just be a normal beach party..........kind of." She said.

"Well, that's the problem. I haven't been in to a beach party before." I admitted.

"Oh, honey, thank me already." She said and started the car. She put on some tunes. "Calm down. This'll be fun. It's just like a normal party except you're in a beach." I exhaled.

"I'll try." I said. I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas played. To lessen my nerves, Andrea and I decided to sing along to the songs that played. We both laughed at how crazy we are and eventually, I got less nervous about everything. We arrived at the beach on 6:10 in the evening.