Chapter Thirty Seven

Enthralling Imperfections

Chapter Thirty Seven

~

*Written based on Zayn's point of view*

My heart stopped. 

I didn't exactly know what am I supposed to say right now. 

Uh, the truth? My mind suggested.

Of course. And make me look like a total crazy person. I answered back.

That's the best you could do. It shot back. I just sighed heavily. My mind is right, though. Maybe this is the right time to open up. Or not?

I do not know what am I supposed to say without Zarah thinking that I am such a total idiot. But, I have to tell her eventually. 

"Zayn?" Zarah called out. I must've zoned out for quite a while. 

"Yeah?" 

"The first time we saw each other, that day at the beach, I never mentioned you my name nor did my friends." She paused. "When you're saying your goodbyes, you didn't know Arliane and Joanne's names but, you knew mine." She looked at my eyes deeply. "So, how did you know my name?" She asked. 

"Aren't you sleepy?" I asked her, completely trying to postpone the 'truth-telling.'

"No and please don't change the topic." She said. I bit the inside of my cheek. I turned my face away. I'm afraid of what she might think of me if I tell her. I don't even know what her reaction might be. Surprised? Angry? Will she find it a bit funny? It's a total risk. As I think. "Zayn." She called again. I breathed heavily and managed to look at her in the eyes. 

"Here goes nothing." I started. 

"Well, I personally think it's something." She commented. "Wait, let me guess, you Googled me? Oh my gosh, you stalked me? Zayn Malik stalked me?" Zarah joked. I mentally laughed. Only if she knows that's true-well, kind of.

"No, no, I mean, kind of?" I said, making it sound like a question. 

"Seriously? You stalked me? How?" She asked with one of her brows raised. 

"Well, you remember when you tweeted me something?" I asked.

"Zayn, calculate the distance between the Neptune and the Earth then multiply that by the world's population. That's how many times I tweeted you and of course, I remember." She answered with a completely blank expression. I chuckled lightly.

"That's one serious math shit." I said.

"Atleast you didn't have to buy 60 watermelons." She joked. We both chuckled to lighten the situation slightly. "Well?" 

"Yeah, so uhm, one of your mentions caught my attention." 

"Really? You never even really replied to me." 

"I just didn't know what to say."

"What did I say then?" Zarah asked with an interested expression on her face. I brought out my phone and went to my photos. "Why are you in your photos?" She asked, now confused. 

"I print-screened it." I replied. Zarah just shook her head, giggling a bit. As I found the photo I was looking for in the sea of pictures in my camera roll, I showed it to her. 

@zaynmalik One day, you'll have to share that mirror...with me

"Ew, I'm such a loser." Zarah said. I just chuckled.