Chapter Twenty Two

Enthralling Imperfections

Chapter Twenty Two

~

*Written based on Zarah's point of view*

"Bye, love! Talk to 'ya later! " Louis said as he ended his millionth call today. 

"Bye. Sure!" I said, a bit giggling. I placed my phone on my bedside table and stood up and got my guitar again. I began to strum patterns and eventually sang a few remix songs. When suddenly, my phone rang. 

"Too soon, Louis, too soon." I said as I set side my guitar and reached my phone. I looked at the screen. 

ZAYN.

Holy cow, dog, unicorn, horse, bird, cat, duck, goat, snake, dragon, beaver, turtle, hamster, fish, zebra, monkey, giraffe, eagle, bee, fly, butterfly, ant, cheetah, puma, lion, hyena, gorilla, shark, dolphin, alligator, aardvark, urchin, algae, bacteria. Okay, I think I had enough. 

But, holy reindeer, whale, dragonfly, crab, shrimp, squid, scorpion, spider, worm. Okay, here I go again. But, why the hell is he calling me? I mean, I wanted him to talk to me, but that was before I got mad at him! Part of me wanted to answer the call and part of me tells me not to. It's like I'm battling with myself. 

Yes. My mind said.

No. My heart commanded. 

I hate this part where you have to choose to whether follow your heart or your mind. But, I followed my heart. 

Before I knew it, my thumb, yes, MY thumb pressed "Decline." 

Why on Earth did you decline?! You were waiting for this call for over a million years and this might be the only opportunity that you have! Admit it, babe. Even though you are mad at this flawless person, you still wanted to talk to him! My mind lectured me. Oh dear, here it is, making me feel that I have picked the worst decision in my life. I trust fell into my bed. I stared at the ceiling blankly. 

Regrets. If you only have listened to me. My mind kept on insisting that I made a horrible decision. 

I didn't notice the time, it was already 7:30 in the evening. Why is time running so fast? Is it in a hurry or is it in a hurry? I ran downstairs. 

"Hey, darling!" She greeted as she heard my footsteps on the stairs. 

"Oh, mom, you're home." I said and headed to where the voice of my mom is. I heard the television sounds. Of course, mom opened it. The television is my mom's "One Direction."

"Yeah, sorry if I went home late. By the way, what did you eat for lunch?" She asked as she turned around. 

"Uhm, cereal?" I said and smiled innocently. 

"Cereal?" My mom squealed. "Who on Earth would eat cereal for lunch?" She continued.

"Me?" I said. I was still showing my teeth to my mom. I shook her head and continued to cook. 

"By the way, I'm not really hungry mom." I told her and leaned over the chair. 

"This food's not for you." My mom said, her voice mixed with a bit of laughing. 

"Then why are you cooking?" I asked her with my brows furrowed. 

"Because the queen is hungry." My sister said as she poked her head on the sofa. 

"Oh great." I mentally sighed. Why is she home? Now, this means I have no freedom to do cartwheels around the house. Seriously, she's like "the guard." And she keeps on telling everything I do to our mother. It's like she even records how many times I comb my hair or how many times I go to the bathroom.