Chapter Thirty Six

*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE AUTHOR'S NOTE SECTION LATER. PLEASE DO READ. THANK YOU, AND SORRY TO INTERRUPT. ON TO THE STORY*

Enthralling Imperfections

Chapter Thirty Six

~  

*Written based on Zarah's point of view*

I was looking at the newest flavor of Pop Tarts and when I turned around, all I can think of is my scar. Now, I am face to face with the one who caused it. Bonlorn's face wasn't showing any anger.   

"Hello." She greeted with a hopeful expression on her face.   

"Hi." Zayn responded but kept a bored expression.   

"Uh, Zarah, can I talk to you?" She asked.  

"We are talking." I answered in monotone.   

"Privately." She said as she took a quick look at Zayn then back at me. I looked at Zayn, he gave me a small nod.   

"Give me your handbag." Zayn told Bonlorn.   

"I won't hit her. Don't worry." Bonlorn said. Zayn just shrugged his shoulders and pushed the cart, away from us.   

"I understand if you don't want to say a word to me, but, all I want to say is that I am terribly sorry for how I reacted. I'm sorry that I put all the blame on you. I'm sorry on acting so immaturely. I'm really, really sorry." She ranted.   

"Why are you saying this to me?" I responded.   

"I just want to clear things and put the past behind us. Can you please forgive me?" She asked, her expression; hopeful for a positive answer. "Like, just start from the very beginning again?" She added. Being the forgiving person that I am, agreed. 

"Hi, I am Zarah Havelock, been converting oxygen to carbon dioxide since '95." I smiled at her and lent my hand, offering a handshake. She sighed in relief and smiled.

"Hey! Name's Bonlorn Andrews and I'd like to have a coffee with you tomorrow morning." She said as she took my hand and shook it. 

"As long as it's your treat." I joked, we both laughed. 

"No, seriously. I just want to make it up to you and yeah, of course it'll be my treat." She said and smiled. 

"I wouldn't be going." I answered. Her eyes widened. "But you said it was your treat, so yeah. I'll have to cancel all my appointments tomorrow morning because most of them are my treat, so, in order to save money, yea, sure." I joked. She chuckled and hugged me, I hugged her back gently. 

"I'm really sorry." She whispered. 

"Let's just forget about it." I answered as she pulled away.

"I'll see you tomorrow at Starbucks?" She asked.

"What time?" 

"8 or 8:30?" 

"8:30 is good." I answered. She just nodded and smiled. 

"Bye." She said and walked off. I waved and went to where Zayn was. He immediately held both of my shoulders and checked my face up. 

"What are you doing?" I asked. He seems odd. 

"Just checkin' if she hurt you." He said as he ran his thumb through the scar. 

"No, she didn't hurt me." I answered, putting my hand above his and held it, resting it on our side. "She apologized for what she did and she asked me if we could have a coffee tomorrow morning and I accepted it." I told Zayn.