Chapter Forty Two

Enthralling Imperfections

Chapter Forty Two

~

His eyes were burning my soul. We've been staring at each other for quite a few while now. None of us moved. I wasn't ready to make things go back to what was it before. None of us talked. We just looked at each other. 

"There you are!" Arliane said. 

Thank you very much Arliane! I love you with all my life, you're a life saver. I said inside my head. Arliane turned her head around so that she could she what or who was I looking at.  

"What are you looking at?" She asked. I pointed at Zayn. He was standing there, I could see. He's right in front of me. "Where?" She asked as she turned around again. 

"Zayn." I whispered. 

"What?" 

"Zayn." I whispered again. 

"What are you talking about? What are you saying?" She asked. 

"He's right there." I said, pointing my index finger to where was he before. "He disappeared." I continued. 

"Honey, you're scaring me." Arliane said with a worried expression.

"No, he was right there." I defended. 

"Okay, okay. He was there. Now that he's gone, let's go eat lunch, alright?" She told me. I just nodded. 

Was I seeing things? Was Zayn really there or was it because I'm delusional? But I'm pretty sure he was really there. Arliane and I walked around the mall to find a restaurant or any place that serves edible food. 

"Where is Niall?" I asked her. 

"He went home. He said that they have to do something this afternoon so I let him go." She explained. 

"What will they do this afternoon?" I asked. 

"He never told me." She shrugged. We went inside this food place which I didn't bother to know the name and I was too lazy to read the name even though it was written all over the place. The lady led us to the vacant spot for two near the back part of the restaurant and handed us menus.

"What looks good?" Arliane asked. 

"I'm not really hungry." I said and dropped the menu to the table.

"Honey, I'm paying." Arliane said. 

"I'd like to have..." I said as I picked the menu up and scanned it. Arliane just laughed lightly and shook her head. Wow, everything in the menu became so delicious. I can't decide what food would fit my tummy so I decided to ask Arliane. As I placed the menu down and looked up, Arliane was not the one who I saw. My mouth was slightly open. 

"And you are?" I asked as I eyed the red-headed girl that was currently sitting on Arliane's place.

"Oh, silly me. I am Andrea." She said as she reached her hand to me from across the table. Andrea. Andrea. Thought I heard that name before. 

"Have we met before?" I asked, still trying to remember where I heard that name.

"No, actually. But I believe Liam told you about me." She said with a genuine smile plastered across her face. Right! She was the one who owns the house where Liam and I talked. 

"Oh. Sorry. Yeah. Hi, I'm-"

"Zarah." She finished it for me.

"Yeah." I smiled a her. "I don't want to sound rude but, what are you doing here?"