Chapter 78 - Yes!

Jim's POV :

I don't break. I knew she'll say this. Yesterday I heard her conversation with Molly. But what she thinks is not right. Eila can never destroy my life rather she heals me everytime. It's gonna be hard but I need to make her realize this. I know she is breaking now. Her heart is divided in two but I need to fix her dilemma.
Without saying a word further she runs inside the hoise after which I follow her. She gets into her room with the balloon closing the knob of the door. "Open the door. Please", I request.

"You go from here", she shouts and her voice tells that she's crying.

"I'll go but first you open the door". Emi sees us from the stairs while John and Katherine are not at home today. Eila doesn't say anything further and nor she opens the door.

Eila's POV :

I don't know what to do. I cry my heart out. I am confused. I can't marry him at this stage. What if I die? What will he do then? I can't destroy his life. I just can't. I sit on the floor leaning against my bed holding the balloon he gave. I caress the balloon and remember the time I proposed him for marriage. Things changed so fast. This was supposed to be on of the biggest days of our lives but everything is ruined now.

After about 15 minutes I stand and go near my door. No one knocked, nor did I hear anything. I guess Jim's gone. I open the door and my eyes fall on him sitting by the side of the door leaning against the frame. This time I don't go. I stand next to him as he gets up. I turn back wiping my tears and sit on my bed followed by him.
"What happened?" He asks.

"What?" I try ignoring.

"Give the answer to my question".

"What question?" I avoid facing him.

"You know well".

"I don't", my heart is ripping apart.

"Eila", his voice holds me this time and I face him.

"I can't marry you", I speak my heart out. "I can't. I don't even know if I'll survive or not. I can't destroy your life like this", I go closer and hold his face.

He grabs my hand. "You can't destroy. You heal me". His eyes speaks straight.

"How can a person heal and destroy at the same time?"
My words are filled with pain and dilemma. His doesn't say anything for a second. But the next moment he holds my hand more tight, "That's what you think. But for me, you are not my destroyer, rather my everything."

"That's the problem. I don't wanna be your everything. With my death, your everything will be snatched away. You'll be left all alone. I won't be there to hold you". I cry.

Jim comes forward making contact with out temples. "Nothing will happen to you and no matter what I'll always be yours. Till the end. As long as we are together I want you to be with me as my wife and no longer my girlfriend."
I don't have any words to say further. He just melted me into his eyes just like he always does. I can't deny but I feel I am doing wrong to him.

"Will you marry me?" He asks again without breaking our contact. I just cry. Tears are flooding down my eyes. I badly want to say yes but something is stopping me. Yet I could resist any longer.
"Yes!"
I nod as I give him the tightest hug and he does the same.

"Wait. I forgot", we release and he puts his hand into the pocket of his jeans and soon comes up with a beautiful stone studded crown tiara ring made of gold. My eyes shift to the ring he is holding and then at him as he's adorning my most favorite smile. I give the most painfully satisfactory smile ever seeing him do this. I forward my hand which he gladly takes and slips the ring into my ring finger. I feel more complete now.
"This one is beautiful", I am really mesmerizing. "How did you know my finger size?" Since the ring just fits right.

"I just guessed. After all I have been holding you hand for so long". His words are giving me nostalgia. We have come a long way spending the most beautiful days of lives together. I just embrace him with all.of me.

. . .

Not much days are left. We disclosed things to my family and they all fixed the marriage date together. It's just after 5 days. I know this is too fast but they planned it. The church is already booked and guests are also invited. Not much actually. It's gonna a small ceremony with out close relatives and friends. Annie's also coming and I'm really excited to meet her again. Still there are so many preparations to be done in this little time.

I don't know how long I have to live. My last chemo is just after 7 days. I didn't find any donor yet. I am happy for our marriage and at the same time it breaks my heart thinking what if I don't survive long. Only God knows what's destined for us.

I am supposed to visit the gown store today with Emi and Auntie. Mom already designed my gown which auntie gave me long time back. It just needs the proper fitting as per my body. I am going to do the same. Jim's also coming with Jennifer to select his suit.
"Eila. Come we'll leave now", Emi calls from down and I get hold of my phone and head downstairs after which start for the store.

A young girl warmly greets us. I show her my gown and she guides me to the woman who will me fixing this as per my body size. The lady takes my measurements and says they'll get it done in two days.

Jim finally arrives with Jennifer and we start selecting his suit. Finally after a lot of thought Jennifer comes up with a dark black tuxedo. We insist him to give it a try though he didn't agree first. A robo indeed! As he gets out of the trial room my vision just gets paused at him. Hi look heavenly beautiful. I can't believe I am getting married to this man in front of me. His ruffled hair is making him look inhumanly sexy and I just can't take my eyes off him. I go near and just slightly give a pull to the collar of his tuxedo. "You look beautiful", I grin.

"Is that so?" He chuckles.

"Yessss". I look at him. "But I'll look completely stupid in front of you on our wedding." I make a face. And I'm serious about this. I am gonna look like shit.

"Why?"

"You look so handsome. I don't even have hair on my head. I won't look good at all. I am going to be the ugliest bride ever."
I'm actually not gonna look good. I never thought to have a wedding like this. I can't even imagine myselft wearing my wedding gown with no hair. I'm surely gonna suck.

(She finally said Yessss.
Read the next chapters .)