Chapter 15 - Beside You

Suddenly I remember to write my diary. So bringing it out, I jot down every single detail of today and pack it in my luggage with other things and lie down for sleeping. 

It's 7 almost 7 in the morning. I am so excited today. Emi's ready, I guess I'm still behind. I quickly grab my navy blue mini skirt with white top and leggings which I selected last night to wear today, I go for a shower. Drying my hair, I tie it into a semi bun leaving loose hair at the bottom. On top of my top I put on a denim jacket since it's not hot outside rather icy cold. My round specs are suiting just perfect!
We have our breakfast and then uncle says, today he'll drop us college since we have heavy luggage. While setting out from home auntie hugs me and Emi with kind of motherly affection and advises us to take care of ourselves.

Reaching college I find all are almost there except Jim. I quickly log into my account and text him *Where are you?*  but he was not online. I'm getting skittish now. I hope he'll make it on time. While I am continuously thinking if he'll come or not just then he arrives and my face literally sparkles up having a sigh of relief. As soon as he comes, Winnie run towards him and says, "Thank God you came. I was so tensed." But Jim seems kind of reluctant with her response and just replies, " Oh", and goes toward Sam carrying his luggage before which he gives a smile facing me and I give it back the same way. I don't go near him since I have nothing to say actually. I'm glad that he made it on time. Amidst all this my attention suddenly diverts towards his jacket which was navy blue and concomitantly I'm also wearing a navy blue skirt. I am just hoping for none to notice this as they'll again get a chance to tease us regarding this, just when Mr.Lee, Miss.Henry, Mrs.Kate and Mr.Paul enters the class and says that they'll be accompanying us to the tour and advises to get on the bus since we'll directly head towards the airport. In the bus I sit with Emi while Jim sits with Sam and Winnie with Rochelle. After a lapse of about 1 hour we reach Richmond International Airport, Virginia. After getting down from the bus, Mrs.Kate serially hands us our tickets. While we are lining for the check-in of our luggages suddenly Sam starts, "Guys, did you all notice one thing?"

"What?" Keith questions.

"Two people among us are wearing same colour dress", he says with a teasy smile on his face as he looks at me and Jim. Fish! He finally noticed.

"Two people.... Shit! Jim and Eila", exclaims Rochelle upon discovering.

"Jimila. What's this? Did you guys plan before that you will wear same colour dress?" Sarah asks.

I'm wondering what to answer and Jim on the other hand is looking at me with a slight smile on his face. Actually I know he won't say anything because he doesn't talk much in front of all. Neither I have anything to say. "Come on", I just narrow my eyes at Sam and it's time for my luggage for checking in. So the conversation regarding this stops in the mid way. I'm glad it ended. After check-in we all get on the plane. Luckily I got the window seat and I must say I'm so much excited since this is my first plane journey. Well, the next thing that happens, I wonder what you guys will say after knowing. Should I say it as a coincidence or what I don't know because Jim comes near and stands beside showing me his boarding passes. His seat is beside mine. We both share a smile before he finally sits down beside me. This plane is not a big one, there are just seats for two in each side of a row. Winnie and Sam got the seat beside our compartment. Emi's behind us with Tacker. 

"Hi", I wave Jim.

"Hello", he responds.

"So, finally you came", I giggle and I'm actually proud that I managed myself to talk to him face to face. Though I am blushing and it was completely visible on my face but strange thing is he's blushing too but why? Does he also feel the same nervousness which I feel while talking to him? Some kind of unknown emotion works between us which I can't jot down in words.

"Yeah. I had to", he chuckles.

"You had to? Did someone force you to come?" I question though the smile is still prevailing on my face.

"Someone told me that it will be fun and I'll miss it if I don't come. So I came", he says with a indicating smile and I know by 'someone' he means 'me'. Yet I willingly ask, "Who is that someone? Because that person gave you really good advice."

He starts laughing and so am I, this is maybe the first time we are talking so much freely and he's laughing with me, "I forgot her name", he gushes and this makes me laugh more. Actually I can't believe this is the same us who kissed after first meeting and still so shy to talk to each other.

While we are laughing and talking suddenly Winni intervenes from beside and says to me, "Eila, do you wanna come and sit with me here? And Sam will go beside Jim". I am clueless what to say and why she's insisting me to leave this seat.
"No Eila. You sit there with Jim. I don't wanna separate you two love birds", says Sam interfering Winnie and then he tells her with his usual sarcastic look, "What's wrong with me sitting beside you? Don't disturb them".

"Nothing. I just thought you might get bored with me and there Eila too might get bored with Jim", Winnie defends.

"No , I am not getting bored and nor will Eila since she and Jim are together. Let's not disturb them", Sam exclaims. I don't say anything more to her because I don't wanna change my seat and Sam already said this on behalf of me. I turn to face Jim when he says, "You just sit here. Don't go", there's an intimate emotion visible in his eyes as they peeps into mins. His words sound too heavy, filled with unexplainable vehemence. I don't wanna move either. I wanna sit with him. "I won't go. I'm here beside you", I assure him with the same unexplainable vehemence in my eyes. We are getting more close in each passing gravity of time. This thing I can't refute anymore.