Chapter 6 - Seats Again Together

I guess Emi understood my situation. Now I don't see any teasy or funny gestures rather a caring, advising sister when she says , "I know what you're feeling right now. This is life. In life, few such situations come when we are left confused what to do and what not. Think like you're facing the same. There are many question in your mind right now. Sometimes it's not necessary to have answers of all our questions. Some questions are better left unanswered. The more you think of it the more complicated will be the situation. Just go with the flow because time is the best replier. I just wanna say you one thing and that is Just listen to your heart. Don't restrict yourself if you feel something . Just do as your heart says", she looks into my eyes with an assuring smile and goes out of the room. She understands me really well. She knows I need some time alone.

I walk to the window to look at the sky. The night sky's lightened up by millions of stars to add a glittering beauty to its ever speaking darkness. Nonetheless the serene atmosphere succeeded to calm my restless mind in moment. This sky is my weakness I should say. The solution to all my problems. The thing which calms me down whenever I'm stressed. The only thing looking at which I feel ever ending peace and happiness. The only thing looking at which I share all my feelings. Just wondering how my tomorrow's morning will be. What life has in store for me. But whatever happens I decide to not let myself bothered by that. I make up my mind to be the way I was, before I met Jim. We both just fulfilled our challenge and that was it. Our first and last thing together.

The night's all about a great family time since uncle, aunty and Emi gossips about what all they did in the past few weeks. I go for sleeping early subsiding myself from their family talk.

. . .

In the morning I wake up in just time but find Emi still sleeping spreading both of her hands and legs like a messily branched tree. I know, this's a weird combination but this is what's coming in my mind right now.

"Emi , wake up. It's time for college", I begin shaking her up. But this sleepy head is not ready to move even a bit. Actually she slept really late last night.

"Eila , let me sleep", she replies in a sleepy voice pushing me away but I'm not going.

"No, I won't let you. Wake up right now or else you know what I will do", as usual, it's our rule to pour water on the other to make them up from sleep. Since she gives no reply, I immediately pour water in a glass from the jug and go towards her.

"Emi, I'm giving you the last warning. Wake up or else.....", I warn her the last time.

"I'll not go to college ,let me sleep", she says pleading. I have no other option left to wake her up and so I split the water on her face due to which she immediately jumps off the bed. I'm literally unable to control my laughter seeing her .

"Eila, I won't spare you", she says wickedly as she comes out of bed and head towards me.

"Catch me first" and immediately I run away from there followed by her but I'm still laughing like hell. Thankfully aunty comes in time and stop her or else today she would have killed me today . Actually I love to irritate her.

Then things are as usual. We have our breakfast, get ready for college and finally reach. I must say, today there was a lot of traffic on the way. The bus was also crowded.

In class I sit beside Rochelle as Jim will sit beside Sam and Emi sits beside Tacker. It is almost time for classes and just then Jim comes and sits beside Sam. Anyway the classes begin. First lecture is of Mrs.Kate since it's Economy class. Entering the class she calls out my name and asks me to sit beside Jim and tells Sam to exchange his seat with me. I am confused like hell ,why she suddenly changed my seat and that too told me to sit beside Jim. As I approach near the middle bench where I am told to sit, Sam looks at me with a teasy smile on his face which I just ignore and as I sit beside Jim for a moment we both just stare at each other with some unsaid emotions in our eyes. But then we finally hold ourselves back as we see not only me, Mrs.Kate changes seats of others.

Behind us are Keith and Sarah . Keith says, "Holy shit, you both are again together. I don't know why but I get a inner feeling of you two having a connection whenever I see you", and he giggles with Sarah joining him. I give a shitty look to him but why he feels so? I don't really think of us two having a connection or something. I turn at Jim to see what he feels but I find him unresponsive though smiling a bit unto himself which is literally confusing me. I don't know what's going on, how to react. I know nothing.

Anyway not to get bothered by this because he is a complete weirdo. I look in front when Mrs.Kate announces, "I hope you all remember today you have a mock test. In last class I mentioned of it. So, I guess you all prepared well. I changed your seats so that you guys can't cheat."

"Test ! Oh shit.. I totally forgot about that. For the first time I'm surely gonna fail. God , please help me", I murmur unto myself.

"Are you okay?" Jim asks as he notices my doltish behaviour and this is me whenever I'm tensed. Now what to reply him? Wait, this is our first conversation today.

"Y..eahh", I reply looking at him though there is a clear sign of tension on my face. "By the way, I guess you have prepared well for the exam", I ask him since I want to stay normal and not let him know that I'm really a complete dumbass as I forgot about the test.

"No, nothing like that. I just went through the topics a bit. How is your preparation?", he asks gently.

"Ye..ah. It's good", I lie to him since I don't want him to know that I forgot about it but at the same time, I'm not feeling good lying to him. There's a certain kind of restlessness running in my mind.

Teacher then distributes the question paper among us and gives us time of 50 mins for answering.